Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Athletics, 07/13/2012, 7:10pm

  1. #81
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,606
    Like
    21
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Was that 2008 or 2009?
    I think it was 2009 because they made the playoffs. Only reason I think that is because I remember it being hilarious watching him jump on and off the bandwagon multiple times. I could be off though.

  2. #82
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,606
    Like
    21
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Wow, tough break for Plouffe. He stung the **** out of that ball.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    995
    Like
    195
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I think it was 2009 because they made the playoffs. Only reason I think that is because I remember it being hilarious watching him jump on and off the bandwagon multiple times. I could be off though.
    He's not alone. I remember saying that our collapse in Oakland where Cuddyer got thrown out at home on a WP would be a season ender and we still came back to force 163.

  4. #84
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Wow, tough break for Plouffe. He stung the **** out of that ball.
    Tough break for Liriano and the Twins as well.

  5. #85
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,606
    Like
    21
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    He's not alone. I remember saying that our collapse in Oakland where Cuddyer got thrown out at home on a WP would be a season ender and we still came back to force 163.
    I remember that game. The game threads back then were epic. The only reason the Twins ended up getting to the postseason was the collapse the Tigers. They ended the season 11-15. The Twins went 16-4 to force game 163.... then got swept in the playoffs.

  6. #86
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,790
    Like
    236
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I think it was 2009 because they made the playoffs. Only reason I think that is because I remember it being hilarious watching him jump on and off the bandwagon multiple times. I could be off though.
    I think it was 2009. I think he had also vowed to not post anymore if they made the playoffs but he didn't quite live up to that one.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

  7. #87
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    314
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    6-3 Oaktown. Our 7-9 batters due up. Unless it's a special night - this game is over.

  8. #88
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    No one seems interested in talking about tonight's game any more, and with good reason.

  9. #89
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    6-3 Oaktown. Our 7-9 batters due up. Unless it's a special night - this game is over.
    My friend, Mr. Lounge. Have you been watching tonight's mess?

  10. #90
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,253
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Liriano is about as close as the Twins will ever get to a #1 SP, so why trade him. It will take 20+M to buy one so that won't happen.

  11. #91
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    314
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    My friend, Mr. Lounge. Have you been watching tonight's mess?
    My comrade Glunn. Fortunately I did not watch most of the game, but I did watch a little and keep tabs on what was happening. You should never lose a game in which your starter strikes out 15 batters... never. It seems that the supporting cast let Frankie down tonight quite a bit. Let us erase this one from our memories.

  12. #92
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,253
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Zack Greinke turned in his fourth straight rough outing on Friday, allowing five runs on seven hits over five innings in a no-decision against the Pirates.

    Greinke struck out six while walking two in the game. He was in line to pick up his third loss of the week until the Brewers rallied late to take him off the hook.

  13. #93
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    My comrade Glunn. Fortunately I did not watch most of the game, but I did watch a little and keep tabs on what was happening. You should never lose a game in which your starter strikes out 15 batters... never. It seems that the supporting cast let Frankie down tonight quite a bit. Let us erase this one from our memories.
    It will be difficult for me to ever forget how that ball fell out of Span's glove . But even absent that moment that will live in infamy, the Twins' offense remains disappointing.

  14. #94
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,003
    Like
    104
    Liked 393 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Was that 2008 or 2009?
    Definately 2009, the same year I wrote the post guranteeing the Twins would make the playoffs when they were 3 games out with 4 to play.

    Man, game 163 was epic , never will forget that night.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.