Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Friday Night Minor League Nights

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Friday Night Minor League Nights

When both Benson/Tosoni are done with their rehabs...will they just go back to AA & carry 5 OFs or will 1 or 2 finally (Bigley for sure) get a AAA promotion??

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    When both Benson/Tosoni are done with their rehabs...will they just go back to AA & carry 5 OFs or will 1 or 2 finally (Bigley for sure) get a AAA promotion??
    It'll be interesting to see what they do - New Britain only has 1 roster spot available and Rochester is full. No matter what happens, somebody's going to get cut, DLed, or demoted - unless they leave Benson at Fort Myers... If they do promote Bigley, I wonder if Thomas will be cut to make room.

what does keeping Clete Thomas or Wilkin Ramirez do for the organization. There are OFs goin down to ELIZ that are ready to get promoted that should start the chain reaction.......Keplar/Jimmenez in ELIZ, Roberts in BEL, Ortiz in FtM......decision will have to be made soon on those 2

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great report. I wonder if Buxton will be back in the lineup soon.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I would assume that they will head back to New Britain, or at least they should. Keeping Thomas and Ramirez in the organization has allowed Rochester to 1.) fill out a lineup every day and 2.) they've played well and helped the Red Wings win. When Benson or Tosoni are ready, necessary moves will be made. Ther are always DL spots. Thomas and Ramirez are Org Depth at this point. (Of course, guys like Burton and Fien and Deduno and Perdomo and Carson were also minor league free agents who have provided quality depth.)

Kepler is where he should be right now. Jimenez has missed a lot of playing time the last couple of years due to injury, so he's where he should be.

Roberts is ready to move up to Ft. Myers, I think. Ortiz was just promoted to Ft.Myers like 6 weeks ago. He's been awesome and moved up my rankings, but he should spend the rest of the season there.

Seth, can you give some more info on Rory Jimmenez.....been trying to dig up as much as I can find to start a thread, but you would know more. Even tho he's been hurt alot, doesnt a 21 yr old tearing up the APP Lg need/deserve to be promoted eventually.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth, if you don't hear it often enough, you do a fantastic job with these updates. Always a pleasure to read, even when the big league club has a tough stretch. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by LastOnePicked View Post
    Seth, if you don't hear it often enough, you do a fantastic job with these updates. Always a pleasure to read, even when the big league club has a tough stretch. Kudos.
    Agreed!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    As RonCoomerFan posted in a different thread: Esmerling Vasquez is starting for the Red Wings tonight. Hirschfeld was sent back to New Britain when Lester Oliveros was taken off the DL. (I've made the change up above.) And again, thank you for the compliments. Having Cody, Jeremy and Twins Fan From Afar contributing once or so each week really helps.