Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Athletics, 07/15/2012, 1:10pm

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth, if you were the GM for a day would you fire anyone? At least a scout or two?

Well, that was certainly fun.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It appears that the Twins should have sent the big league club to extended spring training over the All-Star Break. This team really sucks out of the gate. I am figuring the 2nd half starting gun is going to be as bad as the Opening Day starting gun. Hello 30 games under .500.... Yehaw!

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    It appears that the Twins should have sent the big league club to extended spring training over the All-Star Break. This team really sucks out of the gate. I am figuring the 2nd half starting gun is going to be as bad as the Opening Day starting gun. Hello 30 games under .500.... Yehaw!
    Maybe the goal is to get the #1 draft position next year.

Blog Entries
    If that is the goal I certainly hope there is a Strasburg or Harper type in next years draft. Preference being a Stasburg type.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If that is the goal I certainly hope there is a Strasburg or Harper type in next years draft. Preference being a Stasburg type.
    As bad as the Twins can play at times, they won't match the sheer incompetence that is every level of the Houston Astros organization. The Twins won't gt a Strasburg type from the draft no matter what they do.

Blog Entries
    If what you say is true. Then you play to win. The MLB Draft is a MF'n crapshoot.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Duensing is NOT a starter...he found his niche in the bullpen and that's where he should stay.. I know they have little choice right now but I'd rather see Blackie as the 5th starter as bad as he's been then BD...at least Duensing has value in the pen. Call Hendriks back up and let him continue to take his lumps but BD needs to be back as the situational LHP/7th inning guy he is.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If what you say is true. Then you play to win. The MLB Draft is a MF'n crapshoot.
    More accurately, I think you play to win in 2013. Hendriks, Dozier, Plouffe, Parmelee, Revere, and possibly even Hicks later this season should be getting playing time and lots of it.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brian Duensing was doing something subtly wrong with his delivery today. You've all heard of the "chicken wing" move that you do with your glove side elbow? Well, Duensing's chicken wing was loose, not tucked in tight enough. Might seem minor, but letting his glove hand fall away just a little bit resulted in a slower rotation of the scapula, leaving his release point late and subtracting rotations from his spin. Ball rode up high, and hitters had a real fun time smacking his nothing pitches over the fence.

Tuck in that chicken wing tight, Mr. Duensing. Get that good snap. That'll bring the ball down, add a couple mph and a few more rpm to the spin.

Pathetic weekend for the Twins. Packed house all 3 games and they couldnt even put up a fight. At least we have Diamond pitching next and Liriano still looks good but the rest of the this rotation can do anything....Trade now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345