Thread: Brett Jacobson Released

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brett Jacobson Released

According to Matt Eddy of Baseball America, the Twins have released RHP Brett Jacobson. He certainly had some moments the last couple of years, showing he might be OK... but recently, he completely lost the strike zone.

Obviously people know that Jacobson and Jim Hoey (who the Twins lost on waivers last fall to Toronto) from Baltimore for JJ Hardy. Last year, this would have been news since no one could get past Hardy. This year, Hardy is back to normal, so I assume this is just minor news at this point.

terrible scouting on this deal as you got 2 power arms that couldnt throw strikes. Hate that combo.....cannot, IMO, have control problems in the back end of a pen.

The garbage can doesn't think it's minor news.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So what you're telling us, Seth, is that Deolis Guerra is now all we have to show for Johan Santana.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    This just magnifies how terrible Smith is.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 117 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    So what you're telling us, Seth, is that Deolis Guerra is now all we have to show for Johan Santana.
    I like to see it from a glass half full perspective. Deolis Guerra is now all the Twins have to show for Jared Camp.

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I like to see it from a glass half full perspective. Deolis Guerra is now all the Twins have to show for Jared Camp.
    Ha Ha!! now that's awesome!

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done.

I think they got Johan and cash... which was probably invested into the right stock, and turned into hundreds of millions of dollars... as long as you're taking the glass half-full approach.

very good