Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Orioles, 07-18-2012, 7:10pm

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Liriano is not helping his trade value by giving up 2 runs in the 1st. Is he focusing too much on striking people out?
    No, I don't think he is focusing on serving up K's. If I am correct, I believe that MLB has mandated a new rule for the Twins that they have to give up no less than 2 HRs a game. My thinking is he is trying to get the Home Runs out the way - that way he can focus on his game plan.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    No, I don't think he is focusing on serving up K's. If I am correct, I believe that MLB has mandated a new rule for the Twins that they have to give up no less than 2 HRs a game. My thinking is he is trying to get the Home Runs out the way - that way he can focus on his game plan.
    I wish that he would give up the home runs when there is no one on base.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    The Cult of Liriano.
    lulz.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I wish that he would give up the home runs when there is no one on base.
    I get you. I don't think he has a filter in his thought process to weed those kind of things out.

Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I get you. I don't think he has a filter in his thought process to weed those kind of things out.
    Maybe he got the memo confused and thought he could just give up a 2-run HR instead of 2 HR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Maybe he got the memo confused and thought he could just give up a 2-run HR instead of 2 HR.
    Good point. You might be on to something.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, the Angels are willing to offer outfielder Peter Bourjos for "the right reliever."

Knobler hears the Angels had interest in Matt Capps (shoulder) before he hit the DL and could have interest in Jonathan Broxton. Of course, Bourjos would be quite a price to pay for either reliever, so they are likely aiming higher. With that in mind, Knobler hears that the Angels have had discussions with the Nationals. The Angels are also on the lookout for rotation help and have suggested to teams that Kendrys Morales and Garrett Richards could be available in potential deals.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    The Cult of Liriano scores games differently. It's currently 2-2. Liriano's Ks-Runs Scored Against. You're not properly valuing our stud frontliner.
    If I were a member of the Cult, we would now be winning this game. Please pass the Kool-Ade.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Liriano is starting to pitch behind in the count - not a good sign. Hopefully he can hold it together a couple more innings.

Spammers are busy tonight out on the other threads.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    Effectively wild tonight, but probably still enough to build some more trade value.

And RCP must be knocking them out.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So does he go out for the seventh? 100 pitches, but if you're trying to generate trade value you need to show he can go 7-8 innings. I bet they send him out, but on a short leash.

With the exception of that first inning, he's done well - one base runner per inning, and no real scoring threats. Too bad we haven't put up any run support. Let's see if we can get a couple now to get Frankie the win.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Plouffe is now my favorite player. Can't help but pull for the guy. Seems to take things seriously and keeps getting better. I'm more impressed with how well he's played on defense and his continual growth than anything.

Agreed, he seems to be very comfortable even when he isn't hitting home runs. He gave Willingham quite a bit of credit on MLB TV last night for helping him with his approach.

Liked 1,069 Times in 478 Posts
    6 IP 2 ER. Clearly the anti Liriano crowd is onto something. No room for that on this staff .

Per Bollinger on Twitter: Rhett Bollinger@RhettBollingerLiriano in 10 starts since returning to rotation on May 30: 2.84 ERA with 77 K, 28 BB and 3 HR in 63 1/3 IP. #

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    6 IP 2 ER. Clearly the anti Liriano crowd is onto something. No room for that on this staff .
    Cultist.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    He is striking too many people out. He needs to get a few more ground balls and let his fielders do the work.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Per Bollinger on Twitter: Rhett Bollinger@RhettBollingerLiriano in 10 starts since returning to rotation on May 30: 2.84 ERA with 77 K, 28 BB and 3 HR in 63 1/3 IP. #
    Great trade value if we can get some GMs to join the cult. Those numbers look a lot like the last time he "turned the corner" in 2010. Then 2011 happened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast