Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: In case you didn't hate Reusse already..

  1. #21
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    314
    Like
    24
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    My opinion that Adelman shouldn't be embarrassed if D-Will doesn't pan out is an overstatement? Dude just stop.

    And I'm just terribly sorry if I offended any Reusse lovers. You know, the guy who referred to woman's basketball as "syncronized tip-toeing" even though they're 1000x more athletic than his lard ass. I assumed everyone here couldn't stand him (or any local writer).

  2. #22
    Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,670
    Like
    155
    Liked 609 Times in 340 Posts
    I'm not a Ruesse fan or hater. He was overstating his point but all opinion writers do this. His general point that Adelman isn't beyond criticism. And his handling of Williams leaves something to be desired so far. I think that's fair game.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    314
    Like
    24
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Of course nobody is beyond criticism. I have yet to hear anyone give sole credit of the team's success to Adelman, but according to you people have said it. Well those guys are dumb-dumbs I guess.

    I don't want to fault Adelman much at all for D Will's poor start, he's in a tough spot playing the same position as the best player on the team, and he struggled mightily on D as well as grasping the offense. He had hot streaks at times but for the most part his stats were very weak (low percentages, no assists) His game in college was to dominate smaller, slower players. It's gonna take him a ton of time to adapt to the professional level...I hope he figures it out.

  4. #24
    Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,670
    Like
    155
    Liked 609 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    Of course nobody is beyond criticism. I have yet to hear anyone give sole credit of the team's success to Adelman, but according to you people have said it. Well those guys are dumb-dumbs I guess.

    I don't want to fault Adelman much at all for D Will's poor start, he's in a tough spot playing the same position as the best player on the team, and he struggled mightily on D as well as grasping the offense. He had hot streaks at times but for the most part his stats were very weak (low percentages, no assists) His game in college was to dominate smaller, slower players. It's gonna take him a ton of time to adapt to the professional level...I hope he figures it out.
    I know you arent sold on the first part but its true and I agree it is dumb. I dont completly fault Adelman either because last year was odd with the strike, but I dont like the public negativity towards him by Adelman.

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,703
    Like
    7
    Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    My opinion that Adelman shouldn't be embarrassed if D-Will doesn't pan out is an overstatement? Dude just stop.

    And I'm just terribly sorry if I offended any Reusse lovers. You know, the guy who referred to woman's basketball as "syncronized tip-toeing" even though they're 1000x more athletic than his lard ass. I assumed everyone here couldn't stand him (or any local writer).
    Bad assumption. Reusse's no fan of women's sports, but he especially knows baseball, and a little basketball and football to boot.

    He took a little bit of a contrarian stance and instead of praising Adelman suggested that he needs to prove a little by developing Williams and to a lesser extent Johnson. I don't see how that's a big deal.
    Papers...business papers.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    314
    Like
    24
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Bad assumption. Reusse's no fan of women's sports, but he especially knows baseball, and a little basketball and football to boot.

    He took a little bit of a contrarian stance and instead of praising Adelman suggested that he needs to prove a little by developing Williams and to a lesser extent Johnson. I don't see how that's a big deal.
    Well I'd hope he'd know a little hoops and football considering he's a sportswriter. And for the millionth time, he didn't suggest Adelman needs to prove a little..he said he should be embarrassed if Williams doesn't pan out. And I thought that was stupid. If you don't think so, so be it.

    I find it crazy that currently I don't give a damn about the Twins and am sorta excited about the upcoming Wolves season. Intrigued by this new Ruskie, along with the other crackers.
    Last edited by Fatt Crapps; 07-21-2012 at 11:48 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    LOL, on cue with the name calling.
    Did someone with the user name Fatt Crapps really post this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.