Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In case you didn't hate Reusse already..

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts

In case you didn't hate Reusse already..

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/162973386.html

I wish he would stop pretending he knows a lick about hoops...he should be embarrassed.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/162973386.html

I wish he would stop pretending he knows a lick about hoops...he should be embarrassed.
    I don't see a problem with this column.
    Papers...business papers.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Yeah, he's right - Adelman does need to be able to coach these guys into the rotation.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is feeling more and more like a 35-38 win team for years to come, what are the crowds at Target Center going to be like once Rubio or Love are gone?

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I went to almost every single home game last season - my thoughts are that due to the shortened season there just wasn't time to work with these guys beyond trying to win games. This season should be a lot more interesting - hopefully you see a lot more movement than just pick and roll.

Adelmen should get a ton of credit - I feel that he was the main reason the Wolves had their first decent season in years, and if it wasn't for injuries they even had a shot at the playoffs.

"why was Williams as erratic and confused on the court in Game 66 as he was at season's start?" is just an inflammatory comment with no basis.

I do feel that Williams wasn't played much, and when he was played often didn't "wow" me, but what can you expect first year with no pre season? Adelmen would play guys and stick with what was hot each quater and each game. He didn't play favorites - whoever was hot that night got the floor time.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Yeah, he's right - Adelman does need to be able to coach these guys into the rotation.
    So Adelman needs to teach Wes how to shoot a wide open jumper? Or how to give a damn and actually attempt to go for a rebound? He's been an insanely terrible bust..that's on Khan for taking the old geezer with a limited ceiling.

D-Will is only 20 and played in a shortened season, it's way too early to decide his potential. If he continues to be too slow to defend the quick 2/3's and too soft for the big boys, Adelman should be embarrassed?

I mean, Adam Morrison was the #3 overall pick in the 2006 draft. You mean to tell me Phil Jackson couldn't turn him into a productive NBA player?...he should be embarrassed.

Reusse sucks.

If Adelman gets all the credit for the turnaround, then he also gets all the blame for some wheels just spinning.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    If Adelman gets all the credit for the turnaround, then he also gets all the blame for some wheels just spinning.

Not really fair first year on the job with the team, in a shortened season with no time to work with these guys other than at actual games.

This year should be a lot better than what was already a great season, even if they missed the playoffs.

Senior Member Triple-A
    *sigh*

You both are missing the point. Some of the success last year had little to do with Adelman yet many give him total credit. All Reusse is saying is that if you want to go that over the top in cr4editing him there were negatives as well. Personally I don't feel he is the end-all, be-all good or bad. Quit hyperventilating over a perfectly valid attack on over-the-top praise.

Senior Member Triple-A
    You both are missing the point. Some of the success last year had little to do with Adelman yet many give him total credit. All Reusse is saying is that if you want to go that over the top in cr4editing him there were negatives as well. Personally I don't feel he is the end-all, be-all good or bad. Quit hyperventilating over a perfectly valid attack on over-the-top praise.
    LOL. Give me a source where someone gives Adelman "total credit" for the team's success. The above poster says he should get a ton...seems like you're twisting words for the sake of your argument. Shocker.

Wes is an absolute joke, anyone who watches him play can tell he just doesn't give a damn. How can someone with that length and jumping ability average under 3 rebounds a game?

How does an outside shooter function so much more poorly with the creative Rubio as his point guard than he did a year earlier with a harried Luke Ridnour bouncing the ball off his knee?
    Um, he had countless wide open 3's that Rubio dished to him. He was one of many shooters on the team that was broke all year..does Adelman need to teach him how to shoot a basic jumper?

As for D-Will, he's young and played in a shortened season so the verdict is still out on him clearly. But if continues to be completely overmatched on D against the quicker little guys, and get bossed around by the big boys...why should Adelman be the one that's embarrassed? Like I've already said, busts happen every year (Kwame Brown, Thabeet, Adam Morrison, countless others) If D-Will doesn't live up to his draft status like those guys, sure the coach should get a little blame, but to say he should be embarrassed?...the dude with a 971-656 coaching record?...look, it's just a stupid, stupid article. Stop trying to argue otherwise.
    Last edited by Fatt Crapps; 07-21-2012 at 04:18 AM.

LOL. Give me a source where someone gives Adelman "total credit" for the team's success. The above poster says he should get a ton...seems like you're twisting words for the sake of your argument. Shocker..
    A source? Talk around town is to basically worship Adelman. I love that we signed him, but the way he's handled Williams so far has less than impressed me. I'm not going to defend him on that and Reusse is right on a number of counts in this article about the way they're treating this kid. I'm less inclined to agree with the Wes Johnson stuff, but you are way over the top with your Reusse hatred.

As you said, it's "way too early to decide" on Williams. Someone should get that memo to Adelman. But tone down your nonsense about Reusse - if you hate the guy fine. That's obvious. But this article has a number of valid points.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    A source? Talk around town is to basically worship Adelman. I love that we signed him, but the way he's handled Williams so far has less than impressed me. I'm not going to defend him on that and Reusse is right on a number of counts in this article about the way they're treating this kid. I'm less inclined to agree with the Wes Johnson stuff, but you are way over the top with your Reusse hatred.

As you said, it's "way too early to decide" on Williams. Someone should get that memo to Adelman. But tone down your nonsense about Reusse - if you hate the guy fine. That's obvious. But this article has a number of valid points.
    You are asking him to tone things down yet going off the deep end yourself with your assessments and statements.

Adelmen is not getting total praise, nobody said that but you. The point that you are missing, as you like to say, is that you are making inflammatory statements with no basis, much like Reusse did.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    Adelmen is not getting total praise, nobody said that but you. The point that you are missing, as you like to say, is that you are making inflammatory statements with no basis, much like Reusse did.
    I accused no one in this thread of that. I said "many people" which you and Crapps have taken personally. If you don't hold that viewpoint, don't associate with it. Reusse is writing based on what he hears around town from the general population so I'm defending the viewpoint he is writing against, not what you or anyone else here thinks individually. But it is out there that Adelman is beyond criticism - it's been pretty lovey-dovey with him so far. I don't think any coach is beyond criticism and all Reusse is doing here is suggesting that there are some things from last year that you cannot put in the "win" column for the Adelman coaching staff.

Adelman has not been particularly positive about Williams and is constantly dismissive about the hope that he can play the three. He has been less than encouraging and nurturing to a guy that I feel has a ton of potential. It's perfectly valid to call that out.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 07-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Senior Member Triple-A

No, you just made that up. That's your thing.

And no, the article does not have a number of valid points. But there's no point in continuing this argument (or any future ones) with you so I'm just gonna stop. Go Wolves.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I can tell I'm being trolled, but one last response on this thread...

I accused no one in this thread of that. I said "many people" which you and Crapps have taken personally.
    No, what you wrote was:

All Reusse is saying is that if you want to go that over the top in cr4editing him there were negatives as well. Personally I don't feel he is the end-all, be-all good or bad. Quit hyperventilating over a perfectly valid attack on over-the-top praise.
    Nobody other than you was claiming that someone or someones were going over the top in cr4editing him. Nobody is saying he is the end-all, be-all.

As far as taking things personally when you say accuse people of "hyperventilating" when you they are trying to understand and respond to your erroneous statements is strange and immature, to say the least.

I don't think any coach is beyond criticism and all Reusse is doing here is suggesting that there are some things from last year that you cannot put in the "win" column for the Adelman coaching staff. Adelman has not been particularly positive about Williams and is constantly dismissive about the hope that he can play the three.
    Again, nobody said Adelmen is beyond criticism. You are inflating things with each response. Suggesting that there are some things from last year that you cannot put in the "win" column is not all Reusse is suggesting in that article.

As far as Adelman and Williams relationship/playtime/performance goes, I'll listed my thoughts on that above already.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    Again, nobody said Adelmen is beyond criticism. You are inflating things with each response. Suggesting that there are some things from last year that you cannot put in the "win" column is not all Reusse is suggesting in that article.
    Um, yes it is:

It was such a shock when Rick Adelman, an NBA coach with an outstanding résumé, took the Timberwolves job last summer that there was no need to ask the question, since there was never a whisper of criticism.
    And he proceeds to list two things that are not in the "win" column. This isn't that hard to figure out. You can disagree whether or not it's valid that Adelman be held to criticism on this, but that's not what the moron posting this suggested. Nor has it been the way you have skewed what I said.

I don't fault Adelman for Johnson but I don't like his handling of Williams thus far. Holding the opinion that he is at fault for both being worthy of "hate" is hyperventilating and stupid.

Senior Member Triple-A
    LOL, on cue with the name calling.
    Last edited by Fatt Crapps; 07-21-2012 at 02:02 PM.

LOL, on cue with the name calling.
    Who would've thought right? I mean you only had a ridiculous title to the thread and acted like a smarmy ass at the suggestion that your opinion was overstated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast