Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Return of Kennys Vargas

Anybody think that MN could skip Kennys over Ft Myers next yr??
    .305/.415/.627 10HRs over first 32gms in BEL is better than Sano's first 32......yes I know the age diffence is 3 yrs but this is GREAT production.
    There is no one in Ft Myers now (AA next yr) that really looks to be a 1B for future so a spot is open.
    If MN wants to move Sano/Harrison soon to 1B, they (Kennys & whoever moves) would block each other....so would they try & get him a level higher up.
    At least, think if he's comes out of block fast in Ft Myers (hitting there is always a big if tho)....would he get a faster than usual promotion.
    Several of you guys saw him in BEL live, what's his glove like?? Is he a legit fielder or a future DH type??

Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    His glove - Looks like a great DH!!

They won't have him skip Ft. Myers.. the knock on him (according to his manager and hitting coach) is that he can crush curveballs and average fastballs but he can't catch a good fsatball.

Also note that Vargas's numbers right now are about what Sano's were through as many plate appearances at the beginning of the year.

Vargas is a legit prospect, possibly even borderline Top 10, but definitely not a need or reason to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post

They won't have him skip Ft. Myers.. the knock on him (according to his manager and hitting coach) is that he can crush curveballs and average fastballs but he can't catch a good fsatball.

Also note that Vargas's numbers right now are about what Sano's were through as many plate appearances at the beginning of the year.

Vargas is a legit prospect, possibly even borderline Top 10, but definitely not a need or reason to rush.
    what I figured.....poors man David Ortiz (David Arias as this age??) type of prosect??
    His numbers are equal to Sano's thru first 32gms .....we were all salivating on him, think Kennys gets forgotten.
    Vargas 118Abs .305/.415/.627 10HRs 29rbi
    Miguel 115Abs .304/.424/.652 10hr 32rbi ....it was exactly 32 gms before Sano hit the skids for 2months
    Sano went 12/75 (.160BAve 3HR 9rbi) the rest of May over the next 21gms (followed by a poor June) to kill any chance of a promotion ....Vargas doesnt have that time to compare...DAMN

Both homered today for BEL
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-26-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post

I like Vargas and his potential, but not sure he is a borderline top 10 guy for me. I'd have to place him in the 14-18 range currently since he brings zero defensive value. If a guy is to exceed as a "true DH" he absolutely needs to continue to mash all the way up the chain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12