Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Article: Twins vs White Sox, 07-24-2012, 7:10pm

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 672 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Huh? Where do you come up with this stuff? Just saying starting pitching has been the hot button issue all season and it's a damn shame that we've had a few quality starts lately and found other ways to lose games. We remain very much sellers in my mind, if I need to categorically state that.
    I'm mocking the current around here that being a realist makes you a hopelessly oppressive pessimist. Instead, I guess we should all be naively optimistic about what a great team we have. Nothing with you personally, just a good setup you provided.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    That's an unenviable situation in a loss, but oh so rosy when/if the Twins win, no?
    Of course. But that wasn't the case.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,315 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I'm mocking the current around here that being a realist makes you a hopelessly oppressive pessimist. Instead, I guess we should all be naively optimistic about what a great team we have. Nothing with you personally, just a good setup you provided.
    That's a stretch, I don't get the impression the majority of posters are naively believing we have a great team. Actually my post illustrates how much more this team really needs besides quality starting pitching. As LEN III pointed out in the Strib, Twins starters have gone 6+ innings in 6 of the last 7 games and the team is 2-5 during that time. Thinking that all we need to do is shore up the rotation is the proverbial finger in the dike.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345