Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins vs Indians, 07-29-2012, 1:10pm

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Just a piece away from a championship run.... overtaking the Asian-immigrant-Americans is possible and a good goal to have for the final two months.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
    Nice to see a sweep after the disaster of the White Sox series. Hopefully Morneau can keep this going into next season.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 125 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sweep

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Nice to see a sweep after the disaster of the White Sox series. Hopefully Morneau can keep this going into next season.
    Except for third base, I think every position contributed to the Twins sweep. Willingham and Morneau homered twice each. Span had a few hits and a terrific AB in Saturday night's game. Casilla had one good offensive game and made a handful of terrific plays. Revere had a nice game today and had at least one hit in every game in the series. I thought Dozier played extremely well in the field and he got a few knocks and a couple stolen bases. Both Doumit and Mauer made major contributions as well. The starting pitching was excellent--Diamond was masterful, Duensing was economical and Deduno was entertaining. You see that team from the last three days and you think they aren't that far away, but one has to remember how the Sox dominated them just before that.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Except for third base, I think every position contributed to the Twins sweep. Willingham and Morneau homered twice each. Span had a few hits and a terrific AB in Saturday night's game. Casilla had one good offensive game and made a handful of terrific plays. Revere had a nice game today and had at least one hit in every game in the series. I thought Dozier played extremely well in the field and he got a few knocks and a couple stolen bases. Both Doumit and Mauer made major contributions as well. The starting pitching was excellent--Diamond was masterful, Duensing was economical and Deduno was entertaining. You see that team from the last three days and you think they aren't that far away, but one has to remember how the Sox dominated them just before that.
    They look like a .500 team these days, they struggle against "hot" teams like Oakland and White Sox but handle the decent teams quite well.

Over the past few months they have been more or less playing .500 baseball throughout, it's a damn shame that they started out so poorly, as at least .500 gives you some hope for the future. I think anything over 75 wins would be an nice finish to the season to be honest. That basically would have them go .500 from here on out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12