Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins vs White Sox, 08-01-2012, 12:10pm

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I would say Diamond is the most pleasant surprise of the year. I would never had predicted this kind of season.
    Yeah, who would have thought that this would happen? He has pitched like an All-Star since being recalled from Rochester. Hopefully he can continue to pitch this way for a long, long time. I would hate to see him become the 2nd coming of Allan Anderson. Even though we are in the midst of a very bad season, there are still some good reasons to watch the games

In no particular order;

a. Willingham's quest for 40HR's

b. Plouffe coming back from the DL and maybe challenging the 30HR mark

c. Mauer pushing for another Batting Title (if Trout falters down the stretch)

d. Diamond's Starts

The losses do take their toll though... especially to the White Sox.

Liked 1,063 Times in 476 Posts
    Diamond pitched decently today, but made some really bad pitches, especially on 0-2 counts. All three Chicago runs can be traced to poor pitches when well ahead in counts to hitters. Frustrating and unnecessary. Those are the kinds of things that win or lose close games. Mauer's defense behind the plate has really deteriorated, too.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Diamond now has thrown a quality start in 11 of his 16 games. In 4 of the non QS games he only gave up 4 ER.

Dude is consistently putting the Twins in a chance to win the game if the offense shows up, did he have his faults today? Yes. But the Twins still should have won, the lack of hitting with RISP this year seems to be killing them in games like this.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Yeah, who would have thought that this would happen? He has pitched like an All-Star since being recalled from Rochester. Hopefully he can continue to pitch this way for a long, long time. I would hate to see him become the 2nd coming of Allan Anderson. Even though we are in the midst of a very bad season, there are still some good reasons to watch the games

In no particular order;

a. Willingham's quest for 40HR's

b. Plouffe coming back from the DL and maybe challenging the 30HR mark

c. Mauer pushing for another Batting Title (if Trout falters down the stretch)

d. Diamond's Starts

The losses do take their toll though... especially to the White Sox.
    This is a great post my friend.

I would suggest a possible addition:

e. Hoping that another starter or two can rise to the top. Deduno may have the highest ceiling due to his natural curveball, but there are other candidates as well -- Hendriks, DeVries and Walters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12