Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FtMyers: Daniel Santana vs Levi Michaels

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 57 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I'm always a little hesitant to scout from and draw any type of grand conclusions simpky from a stat line. I think there is much to like about both players but Michael has to be considered the better prospect. I will be curious how BA ranks them this offseason.
    BA will rank Michael higher because he's a 1st round pick.
    That combined with the information they are fed from the Twins organization and from other coaches in the league. BA is not going to do rankings solely on the status of the player when they entered the system.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 57 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I'm always a little hesitant to scout from and draw any type of grand conclusions simpky from a stat line. I think there is much to like about both players but Michael has to be considered the better prospect. I will be curious how BA ranks them this offseason.
    Why do you think that? They are the same age and Santana clearly outperformed him in an entire year's worth of playing time.
    From the information that I have gathered from other sources, including tools and defensive reports. I have not seen either play and I am hesitant to judge solely on stat lines. Overall I am willing to give Michael more than one season before I jump to any significant conclusion on him, I still think he has a legit shot at being an everyday player.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 69 Posts
    According to reputable and always spot on bleacherreport.com, Michael is a bust. Put a fork in him, he's done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12