Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mastroanni

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Yeah, when's the last time we had a guy this aggressive? Gladden?
    Chad Allen.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 57 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    maybe he could go to instructional league after the season to work on 2b. that is probably better than using major league games to determine if he can play 2B. If he shows some promise then next season he starts out as a 4th OF backup 2b pinch runner and can continue to show he can hit and work on 2nd base then he could go back to instructional league and win 2b job in 2014. That would be a more realistic progression unless he is fielding ok and hitting over .300 at the breake next year.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TR said in his weekly Sunday interview that Mastroianni is the first guy at the park and he faithfully takes grounders everyday.

He has done a nice job in the lineup and has earned some playing time. I'm a fan. I like players who play hard.

His stats are decent... He helps the team when he plays... He works hard in the games... He's working hard pre game for the possibility of 2B... Yeah... You reward that.

He's blocked in the OF. I'm not sure why Gardy has waited this long. He must not be sharp taking those grounders.

If Gardy won't play him at 2B... At the very least.. Span Revere and Doumit could sit an extra game or so to get Darin in the lineup a hair more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123