Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun With Numbers "A Positive Twist"

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 326 Times in 216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I apologize. Just didn't like seeing the one positive thread here get derailed repeatedly.

How about this:

Jeff Gray > Nishioka?
    That's the spirit.
    I know it's probably just me, but laughing in the face of adversity and repeated "imbecility" (birdwatcher's characterization of the Twins FO decision on the acquisition of Nishi) can be therapeutically positive.

Jeff Gray's mangy beard>Nishi's non-descript sideburns

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 326 Times in 216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    I will hope for black and white, fast choppy video, and old-timey slapstick movie music.
    The Benny Hill theme could also be applied to the play at 2B from both teams tonight.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does anybody know how Andrew McCutchen is hitting .369 this late in the season? Actually, better question: What is his BABIP? It must be off the charts right now.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 593 Times in 226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    Does anybody know how Andrew McCutchen is hitting .369 this late in the season? Actually, better question: What is his BABIP? It must be off the charts right now.
    .419 right now per FG's.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    About to lose tonight. I reccomend checking out the highlights, top of the 12th, runner on 1st, Washington bunts to move him over, hijinks occur, run scores and the bunter ends up on 3rd.
    Just watched. Before the pitch is even thrown in the highlight, I got distracted by the absolute sea of empty seats. And then the Bad News Bears routine breaks out (and that's not really a stretch at all). Yeah, not good times in Houston.

Liked 664 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    Holy goodness! I tend to pay less attention to the NL, knew they were bad of course, but thought you had to have made a typo or were exaggerating for effect. Just wow.
    Holy Goodness? I was gonna give you crap about that. My son just pointed out that it's in the urban dictionary so now I'll thank you for making me hipper instead.

Positive numbers for all... The Minnesota Twins average 35,066 fans per home game. Good for 11th in the majors. Averaging more per game than the Mets, Nats, Braves, Reds, D-Backs, Jays and White Sox. The Twins have filled Target Center to 88 percent capacity in 2012. The Indians are ranked last... averaging 20,486 and filling The Jake to 47 percent capacity.

The Twins also draw an average of 30,932 fans to their opponents park during their road games. The Rangers in comparison draw 28,172 on the road.

This makes no sense in any universe but I thought I'd point it out and claim it to be positive.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    - Don't look, but the Twins' have a team OPS+ of 101 and each regulars in every position (except the middle infield) has individual OPS+ of >103
    - Drew Butera has been well above the Mendoza line (.218) and flirting with a career best .600 OPS
    I think thryloss read the post about positivity. Couldn't resist

Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On a positive note, I am hopeful that Deduno might be a solid #2 or #3 starter, and that Devries could be a solid #3 or #4.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    On a positive note, I am hopeful that Deduno might be a solid #2 or #3 starter, and that Devries could be a solid #3 or #4.
    Glunn... I gotta make an afternoon drive across North Dakota tomorrow. I hope the Highway Patrol is stationed elsewhere cuz I will be speeding to my hotel to watch Deduno.

Quote Originally Posted by jm3319 View Post
    Twins are undefeated and score 10+ runs per game with Nishi in the lineup! Schedule that World Series parade now!
    See now this is a perfect example of what fun with numbers used to be. Manipulating numbers such as SSS for fun results.

Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Glunn... I gotta make an afternoon drive across North Dakota tomorrow. I hope the Highway Patrol is stationed elsewhere cuz I will be speeding to my hotel to watch Deduno.
    If you get stopped, at least you have a worthy defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    If you get stopped, at least you have a worthy defense.
    Me: Officer... I was rushing to my hotel so I can catch Deduno on the mound for the Twins.

Officer Poncherello: so you've been drinking.

Me: no no... He's got an awesome curve... He doesn't know where his fastball is going.

Ponch: close your eyes... Touch your nose... Walk this line. Say the alphabet backwards.

Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Ponch: close your eyes... Touch your nose... Walk this line. Say the alphabet backwards.
    Would you be breaking out your dance moves next? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0UhYfs1es

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    Would you be breaking out your dance moves next? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0UhYfs1es
    The cops are little different down South I guess. lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123