Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Vikings forum!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries

A Vikings forum!

With the season about to get underway, we thought it was a good idea to create a place to talk specifically about the Vikings and the NFL in general.

Now talk.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 662 Times in 374 Posts
    I believe the best way to start this forum off is to wish serious bodily harm to Christian Ponder in hopes that another awful season will land us a legit NFL QB like Barkley and not Pennington the Second.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I believe the best way to start this forum off is to wish serious bodily harm to Christian Ponder in hopes that another awful season will land us a legit NFL QB like Barkley and not Pennington the Second.
    As an outsider looking in, it's always comical to see Vikings fans wish for an awful season so they can go draft another quarterback.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Oh come on guys. Haven't you heard the reports that he's "light-years" ahead of last year? Super Bowl or bust!!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Remember when Joe Webb single-handedly won a game in 2010? (A loss would've netted them Patrick Peterson instead of the almighty Ponder)

Remember when he did it again last year? (Would've received multiple picks from the Redskins, or just kept RG3) If you're trying to rebuild a franchise, why in the hell do you attempt to win that absolutely meaningless game? And what other franchise would rush their best player back with 2 games remaining and a 2-12 record when he's not close to 100%?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never use early 1st round picks on QB's. For every Peyton Manning theres 2 Akili Smiths. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rogers can be had without being fools.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    As an outsider looking in, it's always comical to see Vikings fans wish for an awful season so they can go draft another quarterback.
    Yeah, it's a revolving door alright - but god do I hate that pick of Ponder.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I always thought this was a bit dumb in the old place, why not just make this a football forum?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    I always thought this was a bit dumb in the old place, why not just make this a football forum?
    That's basically what it is. There won't be an NFL forum.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's a revolving door alright - but god do I hate that pick of Ponder.
    As do I. Unfortunately, we are going to be force fed the BS that he is legit and made strides in the offseason. Whatever. I would take Farve now over Ponder.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    Never use early 1st round picks on QB's. For every Peyton Manning theres 2 Akili Smiths. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rogers can be had without being fools.
    Yeah cause it's just so easy to luck into a Brady, Breese and Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    As do I. Unfortunately, we are going to be force fed the BS that he is legit and made strides in the offseason. Whatever. I would take Farve now over Ponder.
    That's why I think only bodily harm to Ponder can save us. Wanna flip the coin for which one of us is Tanya Harding and which is Shane Stant?

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's why I think only bodily harm to Ponder can save us. Wanna flip the coin for which one of us is Tanya Harding and which is Shane Stant?
    You should be rooting for Ponder to stay healthy and just suck as he more then likely will. If he gets hurt then the fron office is just gonna give him another season and a bunch of excuses.

I'm rooting for Ponder to stay healthy, start all 16 and make Tarvaris look like Johnny U.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    Yeah cause it's just so easy to luck into a Brady, Breese and Rogers.
    The point is there are just as many elite later picked QB's as elite top 5 pick QB's. If you have a top 5 pick you can not skrew it up and drafting a QB is the easiest way to skrew it up.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The point is there are just as many elite later picked QB's as elite top 5 pick QB's. If you have a top 5 pick you can not skrew it up and drafting a QB is the easiest way to skrew it up.
    Huh?

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    Huh?
    Sometimes QB's taken in the top 5 aren't very good at football for example Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russle, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch. I'm sick of 35 year old's finishing there career as Vikings, but that approach is actually very logical. Drafting QB's is like drafting goalies in hockey, unless they are hall of famers or close to it they are a waste of a pick.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sometimes QB's taken in the top 5 aren't very good at football for example Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russle, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch. I'm sick of 35 year old's finishing there career as Vikings, but that approach is actually very logical. Drafting QB's is like drafting goalies in hockey, unless they are hall of famers or close to it they are a waste of a pick.
    That's the worst logic I've ever heard not to draft a certain position. I don't care what the bust propobility is, if Andrew Luck, RG3, Newton, Bradford or whatever top ranking QB is on the board and you need one a QB...you take him.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's only bad logic if theres no other way to get pro bowl QB play. The Vikings have proven thats not the case. It's a scarce position, but it's not like elite starting pitching or elite goal scorers in hockey or elite point guards. I can live with using 2nd round picks on QB's until one hit's but you can't use two first round picks on QB's in 3 years. The kid from USC is not in the same class as Luck Newton or RG3. He'll be picked #1 because the best QB always is if he's at least competent, but he's probably not a top 10 pick talent. The best approach is to trade down a few spots take and the QB if he's still there, but overvaluing a guy because you hope he's on your roster 8 years down the line is silly.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's only bad logic if theres no other way to get pro bowl QB play. The Vikings have proven thats not the case. It's a scarce position, but it's not like elite starting pitching or elite goal scorers in hockey or elite point guards. I can live with using 2nd round picks on QB's until one hit's but you can't use two first round picks on QB's in 3 years. The kid from USC is not in the same class as Luck Newton or RG3. He'll be picked #1 because the best QB always is if he's at least competent, but he's probably not a top 10 pick talent. The best approach is to trade down a few spots take and the QB if he's still there, but overvaluing a guy because you hope he's on your roster 8 years down the line is silly.
    How the hell else go you get elite QB play then drafting them? Elite QB's don't hit the open market and the Farve's of the world just don't fall into a teams lap to play outta his mind for a season. The bottom line is top ranked QB's in the draft more often turn into elite QB's then the guys in the 2nd round and beyond. Yes the Brese and Brady of the world are always gonna exist and yes the Smith, Carr, Russel, Harrington of the world are always gonna exist...but the Mannings, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Vick and gang of other early first round QB's says otherwise.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Vikings have proven for 20 years there always proven QB's available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast