Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Show Me Your Stadium

Show Me Your Stadium

I'm thinking of taking a tour of smaller baseball stadiums next summer around the U.S and Canada. I'd appreciate any info on what are some good stadiums, how many fans typically at games, what kind of cool food they serve, etc. Just to start here's the last one I was at, just south of Calgary Alberta Canada. The name of the stadium (Seaman Stadium) made me laugh (hey I'm immature) but they had 2,500 enthusiastic fans and the stadium was named best place to watch a game in Canada in 2011. They have only been around for a short time (2007) and it's one of the nicest places I've ever watched a game. It's a summer collegiate league for lots of American and Canadian University students. They've also graduated the first player from their baseball academy to the majors this year. http://www.dawgsbaseball.ca/ and look under facilities.
    Last edited by robbie111; 08-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How small of a stadium are we talking about? Because I would recommend going to Miller Park (Brewers) and PNC Park (Pirates), and they are both really nice parks.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm taking "smaller" to mean minor league or even lower. The best minor league ballpark I've been to is the Rangers affiliate in Round Rock (near Austin). They did a "shirts off their backs" promotion where all the jerseys worn in the game were raffled at the end of the game. The park was pretty full, but hard to tell exactly because there are lots of common areas where people gather and enjoy themselves outside of their actual seats. The food options are more plentiful and interesting than other minor league games I've been to, and there are a lot of fun attractions within the ballpark (I think I remember a basketball court?).

I've not been, but I've heard the best things about Indianapolis and Quad Cities.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I am no judge of anything artistic, but I think the St. Paul Saints stadium isn't that bad and despite what other people say, I didn't think the Snapper's stadium was all that bad (except for the seats, they are really umcomfortable molded plastic)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 808 Times in 509 Posts
    Blog Entries
    go check out the metrodome, astrodome, and kingdome.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure where you are located, but my local park (AAA) is a real gem. (And the site I am linking has reviews of many ball parks so might be a good resource for you) Have fun!
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but my local park (AAA) is a real gem. (And the site I am linking has reviews of many ball parks so might be a good resource for you) Have fun!
    Nice. That site lists the park's capacity at 8,100. This article says average attendance the past two years were over 9,200. SRO every night? Or has the park been expanded?