Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins vs Indians, 08-08-2012, 11:05am

Liked 1,063 Times in 476 Posts
    Hey...all this complaining about Nishioka. The twins are undefeated with Nishioka in the lineup and averaging over 10 runs per game on offense!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Nishi Scoreboard

Errors 3
    Hits 0

Is there some kind of kamikaze mission he could be assigned to?
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Is Nishi super nervous or horrible or both? Never in my life have I seen a major leaguer play defense like a tee-baller.

What's the board policy on racist jokes as long as I'm not flying off the deep end?

I'll refrain from saying anything if it's frowned upon.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Hey...all this complaining about Nishioka. The twins are undefeated with Nishioka in the lineup and averaging over 10 runs per game on offense!
    Nishioka the Twins' talisman?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Cuellar better be working some serious black voodoo magic with Hendriks down in Rochester for him not to be on the Twins roster at this point.
    oH YEAH Liam...the teams top pitching prospect who's done nothing but pitch well at AAA. Should the Twins start him...no lets keep rolling out the rotting flesh of Duensing and ****ing Blackburn.

Nervous Nishi

I suspect we are seeing the difference between a ball being hit to a second basemen at 90 mph in Japan, and 125 mph in America. The speed and power of the MLB game is clearly a flight or two over his head, something neither he nor the Twins thought would be the case. Unfortunately, he's been blessed with outfield speed, but cursed with a second baseman's arm. The Twins front office knows he isn't working out. I suspect they're letting him prove it to himself that he doesn't belong at this level. He isn't the first player to bust at the MLB level. Every team tries some things that don't work out.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    oH YEAH Liam...the teams top pitching prospect who's done nothing but pitch well at AAA. Should the Twins start him...no lets keep rolling out the rotting flesh of Duensing and ****ing Blackburn.
    It seems to me as if they're working on something specific with Hendriks. He was sent down at an odd time and the organization has been mum about him since. It'd be nice if someone gave the fanbase an update on him.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    What's the board policy on racist jokes as long as I'm not flying off the deep end?

I believe political correctness is a variety of censorship and different from racist jokes(which I think you ought not commit), but use you own best judgment I suppose.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    It seems to me as if they're working on something specific with Hendriks. He was sent down at an odd time and the organization has been mum about him since. It'd be nice if someone gave the fanbase an update on him.
    I would also like the Twins to come out and say something but JR would give you his first born before that happens.

Is it odd that the Twins think a prospect is better off working with the AAA pitching coach over Rick Anderson the god of teaching sink?

Got to make them pay here Doumit!

I suspect this may be Duensing's last start. Usually, the way these things go, the pitcher has a couple of poor outings in a row, then complains that he's been feeling 'tightness' in his shoulder. Next bullpen session between starts, the pitcher will admit feeling a 'twinge' and he'll be dumped on the DL. It's a pattern with Gardy and Anderson that goes back a few years.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post

We're comfortable with them. Let 'er rip.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickSchuette View Post
    I suspect this may be Duensing's last start. Usually, the way these things go, the pitcher has a couple of poor outings in a row, then complains that he's been feeling 'tightness' in his shoulder. Next bullpen session between starts, the pitcher will admit feeling a 'twinge' and he'll be dumped on the DL. It's a pattern with Gardy and Anderson that goes back a few years.
    You forgot the player sitting on the active roster for 7-10 days, then atempting to pitch and getting rocked and then going on the DL.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    You forgot the player sitting on the active roster for 7-10 days, then atempting to pitch and getting rocked and then going on the DL.
    And you forgot that they DL stint will be rest and rehab for a couple of months (and in this case through the offseason) followed by Tommy John and/or Labrum surgery.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Alexi!!

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    And you forgot that they DL stint will be rest and rehab for a couple of months (and in this case through the offseason) followed by Tommy John and/or Labrum surgery.
    Then when they come back from surgery they'll have their toughness questioned by the teams front office and coaching staff (questioning will depend on the players service time)

Rally time!!!

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4-2 Tribe, top of the 6th, we've got 'em right where we want 'em!

Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Nish-ventures. It's hopeless.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Nishi, you're killing me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast