Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins vs Indians, 08-08-2012, 11:05am

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Bert very straight forwardly, and Dick supporting, just said that Nishioka shouldn't be in the big leagues.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    If I were a second baseman in the Twins organization being blocked by this ass clown I would be red hot furious.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 142 Times in 101 Posts
    Blog Entries

LeCroy

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    It's worthy of pulling him and putting LeCroy in at second.
    When I asked the question, I thought about referencing when FRobby pulled LeCroy in the middle of an inning because the opponents were abusing him by stealing bases.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    It's worthy of pulling him and putting LeCroy in at second.
    How about Dennys Reyes? Jim Abbott would have more trustworthy hand(s) at second. Troy Williamson available to play second?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You know, just watching Nishi be so horrible makes me wish that statisticians could charge ERA to an infielder; cause I think Nishi would have an ERA around infinity minus.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Choo likes facing Duensing.

Liked 366 Times in 206 Posts
    Serious question: Do they honestly think they can put Nishioka on the field at TF?

Wouldn't expect Cleveland fans to boo him - why would they? But I can't see a very good reaction from Twins fans to his performance the last 3 days (despite the wins).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 133 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRiveter View Post
    How about Dennys Reyes? Jim Abbott would have more trustworthy hand(s) at second. Troy Williamson available to play second?
    Ten rep points on this!

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 86 Posts
    This is so bad I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy, if he wasn't making 3 mil a year I would.

Blog Entries
    So, in reality has Nishioka cost Duensing four runs? Sounds like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    You know, just watching Nishi be so horrible makes me wish that statisticians could charge ERA to an infielder; cause I think Nishi would have an ERA around infinity minus.
    I'd settle for charging him with errors every time he F's up instead of generously awarding doubles and FC.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Serious question: Do they honestly think they can put Nishioka on the field at TF?

Wouldn't expect Cleveland fans to boo him - why would they? But I can't see a very good reaction from Twins fans to his performance the last 3 days (despite the wins).
    I'm actually interested to see how he reacts to the inevitable boos...will he need his translator to tell him what it means?

In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for Nishioka, but if you can't cut it, you can't cut it...

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, he has cost Duensing all 4 runs not scored in the 1st innings. He has looked lost, made showboat plays when he didn't need to, and lost a ball in the sun and then started walking away from it after it hit the ground. The only good play he made was on a double play ball from Casilla in the 5th inning, and Mauer had to use some skill to keep it from going by him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaeTwins View Post
    I'm actually interested to see how he reacts to the inevitable boos...will he need his translator to tell him what it means?

In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for Nishioka, but if you can't cut it, you can't cut it...

I kind of imagine we're witnessing what it would look like if the Twins randomly put me in the field.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    My assumption has always been that he would be gone once Plouffe is healed up, which is supposed to be Friday. They needed to fill a hole, and perhaps also emphasis that this guy shouldn't be here, which I think the latter point has been driven home pretty well sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaeTwins View Post

Who says you can't cut him? It cost money, but you can. They did it with that awuful third baseman (I can't remember his name now)

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Revere's hitting streak ends on a play where he was safe on a close play. Come on blue!
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Quote Originally Posted by adjacent View Post
    Who says you can't cut him? It cost money, but you can. They did it with that awuful third baseman (I can't remember his name now)
    You misread me...cut it, not him. Nishioka has proved for almost two years now that he can't cut it, but I don't need to tell you that, I'm sure. As for cutting him, hopefully the front office realizes that this is a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Again, I haven't seen any of today's game and I missed the Nishioka follies on Monday, but if it's half as bad as the board is reporting, he should never wear a Twins uni again. It is supposed to be the best players you have and the team shouldn't have an A-ball player out there just to prove a point (or something). Nishioka was terrible last year and I hoped I would never see him play for the Twins again, but to repeat and intensify the same thing is an affront to the fans.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any chance the Twins could lobby to have the Ben Revere play changed to a hit, but not change the game score? Long shot, but I want Revere to keep the hit streak going.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast