Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2012

Liked 208 Times in 110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Also, to make room for players sent down, the David Bromberg was moved to AA.
    Luke French too , right? (he was assigned yesterday)
    French was sent to AA probably a week ago. I don't think he's actually pitched yet there.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Does the ~97 million in player salaries listed reflect the trades/waivers changes to salary (if cash considerations were made and with the new team paying for the waiver player)? If not, is there a way post it short of giving a daily payroll update?

So Bromberg pitches 3gms @ ROC.. 11.1IP 7h 1er 7k 4bb & he gets sent BACK to New Brit.....wow these guys amaze me
    Did Andrew Albers get re-activated & immediately go back on DL???
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-15-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The salaries listed are all pro-rated. So, in the cases of Valencia and Frankie, their salary is only the portion the Twins paid. Is that what you were wondering?

Not sure what the deal is with Albers... he missed two months, came back and pitched one game over a week ago, now is back on the DL. Officially, I moved him
    cause my numbers didn't add up, and noticed his status, not because of a transaction I saw.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Yep, thanks! Help me make sense of this though. We had Marquis for the year at 3M. You show we paid him 2.66M of that, yet wasn't he picked up for more time, prorated, than just .34M for the new team to pay? How does that work?

The salaries listed are all pro-rated. So, in the cases of Valencia and Frankie, their salary is only the portion the Twins paid. Is that what you were wondering?

Not sure what the deal is with Albers... he missed two months, came back and pitched one game over a week ago, now is back on the DL. Officially, I moved him
    cause my numbers didn't add up, and noticed his status, not because of a transaction I saw.
    Was lookin @ New Brits transactions & dont have either his activation/DL listed.....curious if he is on roster

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

correction

capps, span, perkins, nishi, and carroll all have options for $500,000 or below

I also try and keep track of personnel at www.twinscards.com...look at rosters majors/minors. A class and above (plus some stragglers)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Yep, thanks! Help me make sense of this though. We had Marquis for the year at 3M. You show we paid him 2.66M of that, yet wasn't he picked up for more time, prorated, than just .34M for the new team to pay? How does that work?
    The Twins are on the hook for $3m less the prorated vets minimum that the Padres will pay Marquis ($480K/183 * 150 = $341,000). The Twins will pay the remaining $2,659,000.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpantheMan View Post
    capps, span, perkins, nishi, and carroll all have options for $500,000 or below
    All of those options are included in the table. For the options outside of three years, they are listed in the "other obligations" portion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    The Twins are on the hook for $3m less the prorated vets minimum that the Padres will pay Marquis ($480K/183 * 150 = $341,000). The Twins will pay the remaining $2,659,000.
    I messed up the math a little bit. (Probably due to Marquis's time in the minors.)

Marquis was property of the Twins for 50 days of the season, so the formula should read $480,000/183 = $2,622 per day times 133 days that he'll be with the Padres = $348,900. $3,000,000 minus $348,900 = $2,651,100. I'll adjust all of that on the next update.

Albers is actually starting for New Brit tonight so he musta been activated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Albers is actually starting for New Brit tonight so he musta been activated
    Popham to the DL and Albers active. Uncertain when this happened, whether it was yesterday or 10 days ago. It puts the Rockcats back at 25.

The Twins responsibility of Marquis' contract was adjusted.

I haven't added Matt Carson yet, because there will be a corresponding move. (My guess is that Nishioka has been placed on waivers and will be outrighted to AAA.)

Blog Entries
    The Twins officially added Matt Carson to their 25-man and 40-man roster. He'll presumably earn a pro-rated share of the vet's minimum ($131,100). He has options remaining, which come in handy if the Twins wish to keep him around. If he's outrighted off of the roster, he'd be a six-year MiLB FA.

To make room for Carson, the Twins outrighted Rene Tosoni. He cleared waivers and will stay in AA. Tosoni will have five years of minor league service at the conclusion of the season, so he shouldn't be a MiLB FA until the conclusion of next year.

Though the 40-man remains full, there is plenty of roster flotsam that could be shuffled to make room, giving the Twins plenty of flexibility going into the final month of the season and offseason.

Blog Entries
    Michael Gonzales sent to the disabled list with a strained elbow.

Pat Dean activated.

Blog Entries
    I will update the table after the Twins make some corresponding moves.

Blackburn and Nishi are both off of the 40-man. Their income won't change. Their free agency won't change. They will both be available in the Rule V draft. I referenced "roster flotsam" a couple of days ago. These were two guys that fit in that category.

I am interested to see who the Twins call up.

Blog Entries
    Liam Hendriks was recalled today. If he finishes the season with the team he'll make $246,600 ($120,700 more than he made to date). That increases the team payroll to $97,853,200.

Also of note, Luke Bard was placed on E-town's 7-day DL. This is a result of his leaving his August 10th appearance with some sort of arm discomfort. Whether that is lat (previous injury) discomfort or something new is unknown (to me anyway).

Blog Entries
    Josmil Pinto was promoted to New Britain. Not only was this done to give the offense a boost for their final playoff push, but also to expose Pinto to better competition as the Twins decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster. (I've changed Pinto to a 40-man add, though I am not sure he will be yet.)

The move gives NB 26 players, but Joe Benson will be undergoing knee surgery and will placed on the 7-day DL.

Christian Powell was moved to E-town's temporary inactive list.

I anticipate Kyle Gibson moving up the ranks. I think the plan was to get him to Rochester - and it certainly could still be - but his destination might be New Britain as well. His next appearance should be happening tomorrow.

Tonight's minor league round-up will include playoff updates for all the affiliates.

The table will begin looking different as seasons start to end. I plan on adding some stats (OPS season/career for hitters; and games started/games/innings for pitchers). There will also be a shuffle as I anticipate moving all the players on the 40-man together, putting the MiL FAs together (wiping out Rochester's roster completely - as it's normally a combination of the two) and moving other guys to their likely destination for next year.

After that you'll see a table for ST invites (which will be speculation-based for a while, as I need a place to put the Blackies and Nishis of the world).

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 438 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still think you're insane. Awesome work, Jeremy.

Liked 208 Times in 110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yup, Jeremy, this is great stuff... Brock, I think that this link needs to be prominently displayed on the front page so people can easily find it and reference it.

Josmil Pinto is very interesting because not only does he need to be added to the 40 man roster to protect him from the Rule 5, but he also can be a free agent if they don't as well. Potentially, the Twins could have FIVE catchers on the 40 man roster (Mauer, Doumit, Butera, Pinto and Herrmann).

Luke Bard has biceps tendonitus. Not believed to be serious, but he probably won't pitch this year again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast