Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Ryan!!!

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=biggentleben;49809]
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    it seems the morals of the Democrat party are worse then the morals at Penn State.
    That's just above and beyond. Duly flagged.[/QUOTE

56 year old men having sex with kids is 56 year old men having sex with kids

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hard to have a flow of ideas when everyone feels the need to say your point is confusing. Sorry for being bothered by a law maker with his pants down with a minor. Sorry for being bothered that Mark Dayton and the state Democrat party thought it was fine.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Meanwhile in Missuri...some guy said something that Democrats thought they could fake outrage against to hurt the Rommney. Guess what only irresponsible people and people who after consulting a doctor have few safe options get abortions. Rape could be an exception, but until Barack Obama and the Democrats want to make it one of the only exceptions it's not worthy of a meaningful disscusion. Lets discuss voter ID laws, and decide if we want to be a state and country of responsible people or irresponsible people.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets just be real clear. I was banned for insulting a person who said it was irresponsible to give charity by a mod who jumped in and piled on that claim and demonstrated left leaning politics. During my time away a 56 year old Democrat law maker was caught having sex with a minor, if the ideas didn't flow as well as they should have my week away might have something to do with it. Democrat politics is always dirty, and I fully expect to be banned here because of that, but I'm just gonna laugh if and when it does.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    it seems the morals of the Democrat party are worse then the morals at Penn State.
    That's just above and beyond. Duly flagged.
    Did some people not read what has been posted by the core of the group running the board? Libertarian themes are more likely than not. Some righties, some lefties. The point is to have a flow of ideas on the board. If they want to post like they have been, then there are places like Yahoo.
    I agree. It's been ridiculous going for the "shock comment" factor. Not so much for idea flow.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Lets just be real clear. I was banned for insulting a person who said it was irresponsible to give charity by a mod who jumped in and piled on that claim and demonstrated left leaning politics. During my time away a 56 year old Democrat law maker was caught having sex with a minor, if the ideas didn't flow as well as they should have my week away might have something to do with it. Democrat politics is always dirty, and I fully expect to be banned here because of that, but I'm just gonna laugh if and when it does.
    You'll be banned because you're constantly ripping the leadership of the message board and obviously haven't learned anything from your time away, nothing to do with partisan politics.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,584 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's right there in the rules. You can attack an idea, not a poster. Everyone needs to stop reporting posts that don't violate the rules.

Clean this thread up or it's going to get locked. I'm on a phone right now but I'm going to look through this thread more closely when I get home.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 659 Times in 371 Posts
    Meanwhile in Missuri...some guy said something that Democrats thought they could fake outrage against to hurt the Rommney. Guess what only irresponsible people and people who after consulting a doctor have few safe options get abortions. Rape could be an exception, but until Barack Obama and the Democrats want to make it one of the only exceptions it's not worthy of a meaningful disscusion. Lets discuss voter ID laws, and decide if we want to be a state and country of responsible people or irresponsible people.
    Voter ID is nothing but a slimey attempt to restrict democratic voters. It's every bit as sleezy as when Dems appeal to the poor by giving handouts.

All you're doing is repeating obnoxious talking points. There is nothing of substance.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Voter ID is nothing but a slimey attempt to restrict democratic voters. It's every bit as sleezy as when Dems appeal to the poor by giving handouts.
    More sleazy, actually. The Dems are just pandering to a demographic to pull in votes. The GOP is actively trying to get certain demographics to stop voting, period.

Yay, democracy.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a thin line between pandering and representing.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    The GOP is actively trying to get certain demographics to stop voting, period.
    Which, and how do you know?

Correct answers: Which? -- those people who are voting illegally. How do I know? -- I know this because this is what they and more the 70% of the country have said they want.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post

Correct answers: Which? -- those people who are voting illegally. How do I know? -- I know this because this is what they and more the 70% of the country have said they want.
    Who is voting illegally, how are they doing it, and how does requiring a government issued ID prohibit them from doing so?

Are you in favor of requiring each person in this country to obtain a government issued identification card?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post

Who is voting illegally, how are they doing it, and how does requiring a government issued ID prohibit them from doing so?

Are you in favor of requiring each person in this country to obtain a government issued identification card?
    Seeing if someone is who they claim to be protects the one legal voter, one legal vote principle.

Nah, I prefer every newborn get a biometric microchip in the spine. Seriously? Many forms of photo ID are acceptable.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seeing if someone is who they claim to be protects the one legal voter, one legal vote principle.
    Answer the question or don't quote me. Who is voting illegally, how are they doing it, and how does requiring a government issued ID prohibit them from doing so?

[QUOTE=Kobs;50342][QUOTE=Ultima Ratio;50339]

Answer the question or don't quote me. Who is voting illegally, how are they doing it, and how does requiring a government issued ID prohibit them from doing so?
    Who is voting legally, how are they doing it, and how does a photo ID prohibit them from continuing to vote legally?

I'll put them out one-by-one, but I don't think any amount of evidence could persuade those who'd rather naively believe that every election is free of any and all voter fraud. Let's begin with one case close to home for many on this board:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...gh-Voter-Fraud

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries

The democratic process is supposed to be an inclusive process. Adding another step (and requiring people to pay money, as they're doing in many states) is NOT a step forward in that democratic process.

No serious study has found voter fraud to be even a glimmer of a problem in this country and these laws don't step on the toes of one of the easiest ways to create "fraud" in voting (absentee ballots). Absentee voting also happens to be a traditionally Republican voter block. Don't you see the trend here? And if you do, how can you not be disgusted by it? The GOP is going out of their way to squash traditionally Democratic voting blocks by requiring additional steps for the poor and the elderly to vote, two groups that vote Blue and also happen to not have identification at a rate about five times that of the typical white middle classer.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    I'll put them out one-by-one, but I don't think any amount of evidence could persuade those who'd rather naively believe that every election is free of any and all voter fraud. Let's begin with one case close to home for many on this board:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...gh-Voter-Fraud
    Guess what Voter ID laws don't fix? What you're reading about right there. Unless identification cards start listing "felon" on them, your "fix" isn't going to work. Those people can still walk up to the polls and vote.

One of the great things about this country is that it's illegal to require the citizenry to carry around "papers" to identify themselves. It's one of the things we hold dear to avoid becoming a police state, something the Republicans bitch about the Democrats creating on a daily basis.

Yet it's amazing how willingly they embrace moving toward that police state the moment they think it can win them an election or two. Disgusting. I don't see how anyone can support such a blatant move to rig the ballots.

I work with many who cannot afford an ID. One woman I work with is in her 70s, and she simply will not be able to afford an ID, and after watching this story on the news, she talked with me in tears about it as she has voted in every election she has ever been able to, and she takes great pride in fulfilling her right to vote. Now it's becoming a paid right, in other words, not a "right" anymore than the "right" to groceries.

If you cannot afford a photo ID, then the state would supply you with one free of charge. Why is this is problem?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast