Thread: Arcia's Future

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Arcia's Future

Where will he be next season? Will the Twins keep him in AA at the start or will they bump him up to AAA? I'd like to see him start off of AAA.

My prediction is he will be the starting RF for the Twins next yr.
    He has absolutely dominated the 53gms in New Brit.....NOTHING to be accomplished there anymore (cept this nonsensical reasoning to help New Brit to playoffs....isnt ROC in playoff hunt also???)
    Could be in ROC, but I think he's gonna run with his Sept recall & not look back

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It all depends on what is going to happen in the off-season with trades of Veteran MLB players and with MILB FA signings and the kind of Spring Training he has. Hard to predict.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    It all depends on what is going to happen in the off-season with trades of Veteran MLB players and with MILB FA signings and the kind of Spring Training he has. Hard to predict.
    of course, Im goin by Span being dealt & Revere moving to CF.
    If I had to give a percentage, Id say it's still 65% he is in ROC with Hicks/Benson/Tosoni to start the year...meaning they wont sign any retread FA OFs. Knowing the Twins, they will start the season with Matt Carson in RF & Arcia becoming fulltime in mid May when MN realizes why Carson is a 32yr old who's never made it.
    Im hoping Arcia DOES get a Sept recall & does well so that both he & Parmellee are full time starters in 2013

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 325 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    of course, Im goin by Span being dealt & Revere moving to CF.
    If I had to give a percentage, Id say it's still 65% he is in ROC with Hicks/Benson/Tosoni to start the year...meaning they wont sign any retread FA OFs. Knowing the Twins, they will start the season with Matt Carson in RF & Arcia becoming fulltime in mid May when MN realizes why Carson is a 32yr old who's never made it.
    Im hoping Arcia DOES get a Sept recall & does well so that both he & Parmellee are full time starters in 2013
    Sounds like Arcia is going to get the usual Twins rope-a-dope. FWIW, listening to Rantz interviewed by Atterberry in the pregame show. When asked about the AA guys getting the September call-up, Rantz essentially said that the AAA guys were far more likely to be called. His only acknowledgement of AA position guys was Hicks (praised him, deservedly so), but apparently no call-up there either, Rantz said they're working on placing Hicks in Latin American Winter Ball somewhere. Can Arcia play Arizona?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    FWIW, listening to Rantz interviewed by Atterberry in the pregame show. When asked about the AA guys getting the September call-up, Rantz essentially said that the AAA guys were far more likely to be called. His only acknowledgement of AA position guys was Hicks (praised him, deservedly so), but apparently no call-up there either, Rantz said they're working on placing Hicks in Latin American Winter Ball somewhere. Can Arcia play Arizona?
    I'm guessing a part of that is that they don't really need more outfielders right now (I'm assuming Span comes back to finish the season), especially now that you've called up and given a 40-man slot to Carson. Aside from the two outfielders (Arcia, Benson), all the other players on the 40-man are in Rochester, so it makes sense they'll get the call-ups first, as they are infielders (which are more in need) and pitchers.

Arcia as a foreigner cannot play AFL (you can have 1 foreigner, but I dont think Venezuelans)
    Heard Ryan last wk about the 2. Said the same about Hicks & winter ball. Said he was heading down to New Brit to make final decisions/reviews on players (could be there). Arcia bein on 40 puts him ahead of Hicks for sure. Media/fans will CRUSH Mn if they dont callup Arcia. Its not like there is ANYTHING you can tear him down on. Think we will see him but not Hicks (not acceptable by me tho)
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I expect to see Arcia start the season in AAA and if all goes well, he'll be in Minnesota in May or June. The guy is mashing but he's still young and still Ks too often. And right now, it's not as if the Twins have much space in the OF. If anyone deserves September playing time, it's Parmelee.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 125 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the Twins will trade at least one starting player this offseason. If it is Span (my choice), there is a spot for Arcia in RF and he looks like the most ready to step in.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm hoping they trade Revere to open up a spot in the OF.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 303 Times in 180 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He's only spent a half season in AA, so I wouldn't terribly surprised if he started there. They did the same thing with him last year in Fort Meyers... That said, he was not nearly as dominant in Ft. Meyers last year as he was in NB this year, so AAA is probably where he goes. I cannot see him in right unless both Morneau and Span are traded this offseason. He still has issues with breaking pitches, so it's not the worst thing in the world to slightly bump up the level of competition he faces and then bring him on once someone is moved via the trade at the deadline next season.

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    There aren't really any outfield spots currently open for him. The Twins would need to trade someone (most likely Span or Willingham). He needs more time in the higher levels of the minor leagues. When he has more experience in AA or AAA, then I would be happy to see him in Minnesota. The Twins need him to be more than a solid regular for the future.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I hope he does NOT get called up this year and that he starts the season next year in AAA. He is 22. Let him go to Roc and kill it all year and call him up in Sept of 2013. The Twins need to stop pulling these guys through and slowing their overall progress. Hendricks, Parmalee, and Benson are 3 who before hitting the majors for the first time had little or no AAA experience. Hendricks was up out of necessity due to others getting injured and now he and Parmalee are now doing very well at AAA and may come up again in Sept. And, isn't that how it should be? Benson has had some trouble and hopefully he finds it again. I just do not see any reason to rush them. Even if there are off-season trades (and I hope there are!) that open spots, there is no reason for Arcia to see the ML until later in the 2013 season.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i don't expect arcia to get called up next year till june, which would allow the twins to avoid any potential super two status and give them an extra season of oswaldo under control.