Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins vs. A's, 08-22-2012, 2:35pm

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    He's so dang nervous... got to get past that or he'll never be effective. I'm thinking 4 ER on 5 IP 3K 3 BB
    Hendriks needs to take Inderal, assuming that it's not a banned substance. Performers use it to eliminate stage fright and it is very effective.
    Maybe just get buzzed on suds to steady the nerves.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    He's so dang nervous... got to get past that or he'll never be effective. I'm thinking 4 ER on 5 IP 3K 3 BB
    Hendriks needs to take Inderal, assuming that it's not a banned substance. Performers use it to eliminate stage fright and it is very effective.
    Maybe just get buzzed on suds to steady the nerves.
    The last I heard, Josh Beckett is available if someone wants to take on his salary. Beckett could help teach Hendriks the ins and outs of DWPB.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And then, mercifully, it was over.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Well.... that sucked.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

i have seen hendricks in AAA several times, there are alot of things that factor in, 1st is he just dont have a out pitch that he can go to consistently to get big league hitters out, his stuff is average at best, nothing is plus..he has had great success in AAA but i really dont think that would continue like it has..the borderline pitches he gets in AAA he dont get in the bigs, they just take those & say do it again, then he has to pitch behind in the count & his average stuff becomes even more hittable, the thing that i find surprising is how many on here say he could be a #2 or 3, liriano had #1 stuff, stuff wise hendricks is not even in the same league as liriano..i am not down on hendricks , i just think he is what he is & thats a #5 or long reliever..

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3up3down View Post
    i have seen hendricks in AAA several times, there are alot of things that factor in, 1st is he just dont have a out pitch that he can go to consistently to get big league hitters out, his stuff is average at best, nothing is plus..he has had great success in AAA but i really dont think that would continue like it has..the borderline pitches he gets in AAA he dont get in the bigs, they just take those & say do it again, then he has to pitch behind in the count & his average stuff becomes even more hittable, the thing that i find surprising is how many on here say he could be a #2 or 3, liriano had #1 stuff, stuff wise hendricks is not even in the same league as liriano..i am not down on hendricks , i just think he is what he is & thats a #5 or long reliever..
    My sense is that you are correct, but also that there is some hope that he could improve.

glunn, improve yes, i agree 100% he can & will improve...but be a mainstay in the rotation ..i dont believe so..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123