View Poll Results: Woud you like to see a Twins player play all nine positions in one game?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not really

10 43.48%
  • Yes

3 13.04%
  • Yes, and I would like to see Drew Butera try this

6 26.09%
  • Yes, and I would like to see Joe Mauer try this

1 4.35%
  • Yes, and I would like to see Butera & Mauer try this in the same game

0 0%
  • Yes, and why not Butera, Mauer and Revere?

2 8.70%
  • Yes, but with different players

1 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cesar Tovar Night

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not opposed to the idea, but don't see a great candidate on the roster. I don't want Butera playing shortstop, not even for an inning. And I don't want to see Florimon catch.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd love to see it, but at the same time I think to have this type of event you need someone who can do it, few can. I would like to see Butera throw a few more innings though, honestly he plays once every 12 games, bats .210 while doing it. At the same time the pen is a joke, so why not have him throw an inning here or there in those 6-0 games.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I betcha Duensing would do it. The Maestro might be able to pull it off too.

I actually always hoped they'd throw Cuddy into that spot. I think he played every position except catcher and Ss at the big league level at least once, and he was drafted as a SS

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    I'd be more interested to see all the coaches take the night off and have the players coach and see what kind of lineup pops up.
    That sounds like fun to me.

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    I'm not opposed to the idea, but don't see a great candidate on the roster. I don't want Butera playing shortstop, not even for an inning. And I don't want to see Florimon catch.
    I respectfully disagree. I would pay extra to see Butera play SS. This season is getting agonizing, and it would be fun for me to see something more interesting than what we have been seeing.

Liked 358 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Afraid that Butera will do well and Gardenhire will make him his starting SS, John?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeboo_22 View Post
    I'd love to see it, but at the same time I think to have this type of event you need someone who can do it, few can. I would like to see Butera throw a few more innings though, honestly he plays once every 12 games, bats .210 while doing it. At the same time the pen is a joke, so why not have him throw an inning here or there in those 6-0 games.
    The pen a joke? its actually been pretty good this year. But i do want to see butera pitch

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 611 Times in 235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpantheMan View Post
    The pen a joke? its actually been pretty good this year. But i do want to see butera pitch
    The pen may not be a joke, but it hasn't exactly been pretty good either.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12