Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TFFA--it seems like the Cats have been in a bit of a tailspin lately, what are the chances they make the playoffs?

Right now, the Rock Cats are tied with the Reading Phillies for the second, and final, playoff spot in their division. The Trenton Thunder have a 5 game lead over both New Britain and Reading, but have been having a rough go lately, too. In fact, all 3 teams at the top of the division have been scuffling.

New Britain has 4 games coming up this weekend with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, who are in last place in the division, so that's a good chance for NB to make up some ground. Thereafter, though, they play a 4 game series on the road against Trenton, which will be tough.

Bottom line: I think their chances are still good. It helps that these top 3 teams are all having a rough time. If Trenton continues to scuffle, it's basically going to be a 3 team race for 2 playoff spots, and I like those odds.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Good luck to Josmil Pinto, hoping he rips it up in AA the rest of the season.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What is the status of Aaron Hicks and Hernandez, the pitcher the Twins acquired for Liriano? Both left Tuesday's games with injuries, I believe.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Joe Benson has been out the last several games. He's got a knee injury and there is a decent chance that he misses the rest of the season. Tough year for a really hard working, good guy.

Aaron Hicks was out of the lineup last night. Mainly it was just a day off, but he was also resting a sore Achilles.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After the Hicks injury, manager Jeff Smith said he'll "be fine." I would hope he's back in the lineup soon.

Still digging on Hernandez.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    The Pedro Hernandez injury is not believed to be serious... not sure how to take that.

I heard the same last night -- Aaron Hicks is basically fine, but it made sense to give him a night of rest.
    For what it's worth, Arcia was fine in center field.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Can anyone tell me why, in the Elizabethton box score, under the "Batting" section, they list Romy Jimenez as "Trinidad, R"?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gmarais66 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why, in the Elizabethton box score, under the "Batting" section, they list Romy Jimenez as "Trinidad, R"?
    He was formerly known as Romy Trinidad, but due to paternal/maternal sir name kind of stuff, he is now going by Romy Jimenez. And I do not understand why milb.com mixes and matches his names. They generally say Jimenez in the box score, but down in the details, they say Trinidad.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to see Pinto homer after a MUCH-deserved promotion. What do guys think about his defense as a catcher?

GREAT to see Stuifbergen pitching well. Too many pitchers with lost seasons or 3/4 seasons. I have much more confidence in the long-term success of Stuifbergen than I do of Hermsen.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What the heck is with pitchers that the Twins have ditched down to AAA suddenly acting like they are King Felix (blackburn and Hendriks), and then up here, acting like how we've seen them over the last few years (they can't pitch their way out of a paper bag).

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure some of it is mental and some of it is tougher hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    What the heck is with pitchers that the Twins have ditched down to AAA suddenly acting like they are King Felix (blackburn and Hendriks), and then up here, acting like how we've seen them over the last few years (they can't pitch their way out of a paper bag).
    I think that's the precise definition of a AAAA pitcher.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Hendricks is 23 years old. You might have an argument with Blackie, but it is way too soon to say the jury is out on Liam.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The Pedro Hernandez injury is not believed to be serious... not sure how to take that.
    In other words, he's out for the season.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    He is out for the year. They aren't going to rush him back.

Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    He is out for the year. They aren't going to rush him back.

They have to wait the required 14 days before they can put him on the DL. (It might only be 6 days for the minors.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mauerzy4Prez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Hendricks is 23 years old. You might have an argument with Blackie, but it is way too soon to say the jury is out on Liam.
    Thank God someone acknowledges the fact that Hendriks is a 'pup' and has capacity to still learn and be coached!!! Being Australian and 23 (through no fault of his own) means he his probably somewhere between 2000 and 3000 hours behind USA players. As Seth and a number of bloggers point out he is ahead of schedule!!!! Let's hope he can learn and continue to improve. One thing I am lead to believe through ttalking to his minor league coaches (Ft Myer, New Britain and Rochester) is that he won't take short cuts and he will work as hard as anyone to make it happen!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast