Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Article: Introducing the new Twins Daily!

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Article: Introducing the new Twins Daily!


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Posts
    823
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Please link to the last post vs the person who wrote the last post. longer threads, that link is invaluable.

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Done!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Posts
    823
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks. Definitely better.

  5. #5
    Way to many adds on the right side of the screen. I'm stationed over seas and they really slow down the network that I'm on. I love the new layout other then that.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Double-A Musk21's Avatar
    Posts
    124
    Like
    1
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Maybe it will take some getting used to, but not a fan of the new font at all.

    Also for some reason this is running along the top when I use Firefox:


    '); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('278px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('258px'); //-->
    Last edited by Musk21; 08-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Is it possible to let users decide if they want the older layout (where the mobile option is available: bottom left drop down)?While the boarders and some buttons are crisper, the text is squeezed too much (between ads and tools) like a twitter page. For those of us who have wide screen monitors and like the freedom to spread the browser, not having the ability is a real drawback. Right now, I feel like I'm typing in a tiny box and distracted by an entire unbroken column of ads or the right... and beyond that border (beyond the set web page size) there are ads in the unused margins further to the right. That ad in the margin also is one that follows my up/down scroll. Great. 40% of my browser is ads with this one size fits all concretization. Please give the option to go back. I'll include screen captures if need be, but I think you know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Ultima Ratio; 08-24-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: punctuation

  8. #8
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Musk21 View Post
    Maybe it will take some getting used to, but not a fan of the new font at all.

    Also for some reason this is running along the top when I use Firefox:

    '); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('278px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('258px'); //-->
    Interesting. I've tested the theme in Firefox from the beginning and I've never seen this error. Looking at the code, I assume you're seeing it in the forums. What version of FF are you using? I've been testing under ver. 14.0 (the latest FF).

  9. #9
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by davesaxton View Post
    Way to many adds on the right side of the screen. I'm stationed over seas and they really slow down the network that I'm on. I love the new layout other then that.
    We're going to be working on optimizing how the ads are handled. Thanks for the feedback, it's definitely something we're concerned about.

  10. #10
    Much more difficult to read. Everything is too squished together with my wide monitor. A third of the page is white space because of the large margins on each side.

  11. #11
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Is it possible to let users decide if they want the older layout where the mobile option is available bottom left drop down. While the boarders and some buttons are crisper, the text is squeezed too much (between ads and tools) like a twitter page. For those of us who have wide screen monitors and like the freedom to spread the browser, not having the ability is a real drawback. Right now, I feel like I'm typing in a tiny box and distracted by an entire unbroken column of ads or the right... and beyond that border (beyond the set web page size there are ads in the unused margins further to the right. That ad in the margin also is one that follows my up/down scroll. Great. 40% of my browser is ads with this one size fits all concretization. Please give the option to go back. I'll include screen captures if need be, but I think you know what I'm saying.
    Sorry, we're not going back to a liquid layout. There are far too many downsides to designing a site based around percentages (which is why the screen would stretch in the old version). If you look around the internet, there are very few "professional" sites that use a liquid design and there's a reason for that. It's impossible to properly control how your content is displayed and make it look good on every device known to man. On top of that, I just don't have the time to continue updating and maintaining two themes instead of one. It's twice the work (more actually, due to how difficult it is to make things look good in a liquid design).

    I completely understand what you're saying, though. I use a 2550 resolution monitor, which is basically the highest res monitor you can buy for consumer use.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    How about removing the "stalking ad" on the right outside the fixed browser size? I can shrink my browser (just to fit this new fixed size) to crop it out. But that's really annoying to do just for this site, just to block out this annoying ad, which apparently standard size monitors can't see anyway. A further downside to having a widescreen monitor.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Magic? It's gone!

    Nope, it's still here.
    Last edited by Ultima Ratio; 08-24-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Premature happiness

  14. #14
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    How about removing the "stalking ad" on the right outside the fixed browser size? I can shrink my browser (just to fit this new fixed size) to crop it out. But that's really annoying to do just for this site, just to block out this annoying ad, which apparently standard size monitors can't see anyway. A further downside to having a widescreen monitor.
    We're not entirely against removing the ad if the users overwhelmingly hate it but it's going to stick around for awhile so we can gauge how it performs. Remember that ads are what keep this site in operation. Without them, this site wouldn't exist.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    I'm finding it more difficult to scan through the forums listings. The text color and background colors are too similar and the font seems smaller -- grayish on gray hues. Can you bring back some color, eps to links? Looking rather drab at this point and hard on the eyes. Sorry to keep nagging but I think others will agree.

  16. #16
    It seems harder to read the "Twins Talk", " From our Community, "From Our Nieghbors" columns on the left (or I guess not viewer friendly like before). Too much grey and needs some bolding of the headers or something. The Headers, summary of article, and posted by could be somewhat different colors. The look of those columns makes me think of ads and i dont want to read them. just my opinion.

  17. #17
    Those pop up ads gotta go. They popped up at least 6 times while i was trying to post a new thread. every time i tried to scroll down one would pop up then twice after i closed it the one at the top would pop up before i could move my cursor. Maybe just moving them to a new location on the page would help?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    586
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Could you at least put the time of the last post on sidebar discussion links? Or perhaps a link to the 1st unread post?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    764
    Like
    29
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    I'm freakin out about these adds man. Plus I would like to see what time the last post was on the left side of the screen. Also what person on this site would ever, ever click on the oogie loogie add? I can see the artic cat add but oogie loogie. The whole thing is annoying.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    140
    Like
    53
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    i absolutely hate sliding adds on any website. I understand they fund the site and whatnot, but there's gotta be a way to get by with only adds at the top of the page or fixed in various places on the page or something other than following you everywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.