Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Twins vs Rangers, 08-24-2012, 7:05pm

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Twins vs Rangers, 08-24-2012, 7:05pm

    Twins:
    Ben Revere CF

    Darin Mastroianni RF
    Joe Mauer C
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Ryan Doumit LF
    Trevor Plouffe DH
    Jamey Carroll 3B
    Alexi Casilla 2B
    Pedro Florimon SS
    ( Samuel Deduno P)

    Rangers:
    Ian Kinsler 2B
    Elvis Andrus SS
    Josh Hamilton DH
    Adrian Beltre 3B
    Nelson Cruz RF
    David Murphy LF
    Mitch Moreland 1B
    Luis Martinez C
    Craig Gentry CF
    (Matt Harrison P)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    No Span? No Willingham? Any word on why either of these two would need to miss today's game? Did span have a setback? I thought Willingham's neck stiffness was just a one day thing.

    Plouffe being sloted in the DH for defensive reasons?

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Yikes, I didn't even read that lineup when I posted it.

    Yikes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    LEN3 says that Span is fine - they're giving him the day off from facing a lefty. Willingham still has a sore neck.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Willingham still has a sore neck.
    I might as well write next Thursday's news story:

    Dateline August 30
    The Twins are thinking about having an MRI done on Josh Willingham's sore neck. He has not played since a 5-1 loss in Oakland on August 22. If they find something they likely will put him retroactively on the 15 day disabled list. If they don't see anything on the MRI they will take it day-by-day and see if he can play tomorrow.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post

    I might as well write next Thursday's news story:

    Dateline August 30
    The Twins are thinking about having an MRI done on Josh Willingham's sore neck. He has not played since a 5-1 loss in Oakland on August 22. If they find something they likely will put him retroactively on the 15 day disabled list. If they don't see anything on the MRI they will take it day-by-day and see if he can play tomorrow.
    Cynic. But if it comes true, maybe you can advise me on some good stock picks...

  7. #7
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Honestly, I'm just fine with Willingham taking it easy over the next five weeks. Does it really matter if he plays every day?

  8. #8
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,482
    Like
    3,481
    Liked 2,995 Times in 1,271 Posts
    That lineup looks like a spring road game in Ft Lauderdale.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,190
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    152
    Liked 748 Times in 392 Posts
    It will be interesting to see what happens if Sam hits somebody. He is kinda prone to doing that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,131
    Like
    1,217
    Liked 1,168 Times in 685 Posts
    Fun to see Revere and Mastroianni in Center and Right. Looking forward to the September call-ups so we don't have to see Doumit in LF.

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,482
    Like
    3,481
    Liked 2,995 Times in 1,271 Posts
    LENIII is reporting a six game suspension for Diamond.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,131
    Like
    1,217
    Liked 1,168 Times in 685 Posts
    Well this pretty much sucks. Diamond suspended.

    Twins behind in the 1st inning again.

    Ugh.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Willingham still has a sore neck.
    I might as well write next Thursday's news story:

    Dateline August 30
    The Twins are thinking about having an MRI done on Josh Willingham's sore neck. He has not played since a 5-1 loss in Oakland on August 22. If they find something they likely will put him retroactively on the 15 day disabled list. If they don't see anything on the MRI they will take it day-by-day and see if he can play tomorrow.
    VERY well written
    Denard needs a day off after this exhausting road trip

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well this pretty much sucks. Diamond suspended.

    Twins behind in the 1st inning again.

    Ugh.
    we may need a 14th pitcher....wonder if Drew could go at least 5IPs or if Blacky may be back ???

  15. #15
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,540
    Like
    2,556
    Liked 3,178 Times in 1,688 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Cynic.
    Accurate observation is called cynicism by those who can not do it. -- George Bernard Shaw

  16. #16
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    *turns on game*

  17. #17
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    *sees score*

  18. #18
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,959
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,478 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    *turns off game*

  19. #19
    Senior Member Triple-A VATwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    228
    Like
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    *turns on game*

    *sees score*

    *turns off game*

    Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

    Being out here in the DC area at least I have the Nationals and Orioles to watch as well as a Nationals class A team 10 miles down the road.

  20. #20
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,482
    Like
    3,481
    Liked 2,995 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Nice hustle Elvis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.