Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Myth - Twins unjustly hold players back in the minors

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 304 Times in 180 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only player that I can presently think of that's being held back right now is Anthony Slama, who clearly should be in MN.

Some of the names mentioned here are pretty interesting. With Robertson, there was alwasy skepticism regarding his talent level and they pretty much brought him along one level at a time. Garza played in 3 levels one year, and Slowey rocketed up the system too.

My frustration is, what I posted a bit earlier, the unnecessary repeat years and being blocked/passed over by an inferior player.
    Granted, this year they jumped BJ Hermsen extremely quick & it proved to be correct. Oswaldo Arcia was promoted correctly but shouldnt spend any time next year in AA. Very rare that they jump a guy a whole league also.
    David Bromberg is a prime example. He's a guy MN thought enough of to protect on 40 man AFTER reaching AAA in 2010 & having success there (9 starts 52IP 3.98era 47k). He gets sent back to AA , start decently (3.63era in 22.1IP), gets hurt & is sent back to AA in 2012. Even this year with success in limited AAA gms (2.75era 19.2IP), he STILL sits in AA.
    Ill also get frustrated when a player is promoted mid season, has solid success at the next level but isnt promoted the next yr to start the season. MN gives that 'prove it to me again' attitude. Michael Tonkin, at Ft Myers, is someone I think should start next yr in AA after spending large parts of 3 seasons at Low A ball.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess looking at it, I see 2 problem areas with how the Twins use the system. 1 is rookie ball, my opinion on rookie ball should be- that years draft class (with the new deal, they will sign in time to play as well), plus the international signings and tose that are dealing with an injury. No one else should repeat rookie ball, being a 22 year old college draftee dominating Elizabethton does no good. The E-Twins are great every year, yet it hasn't really translated up the latter much.

The other is how they handle AAA, now some of this no doubt has to do with the Twins. But having numerous guys (Clete Thomas, Ray Chang, and numerous pitchers), while others are at AA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12