Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lucas Giolito

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    So much for him...who's next?
    I think that the Giolito injury is a proof that this question is way way premature. A month or so before the draft might be the right time to ask it
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

"Huh. Weird"

I took this as smug, not sure how to take it any other way.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Unless a guy is part terminator TJ surgery is probably inevitable for almost all power pitchers. Lucky for the Twins they don't believe in the fantasy of power pitchers who strike guys out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Sure, then we could see him beat Aaron Hicks to the big leagues.

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "Huh. Weird"

I took this as smug, not sure how to take it any other way.
    Personally, I don't care how you take it but the fact that we were just discussing the possibility of Giolito having the potential to injure his arm not three days before is...well, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post
    Personally, I don't care how you take it but the fact that we were just discussing the possibility of Giolito having the potential to injure his arm not three days before is...well, weird.
    Sorry to have touched a nerve. I just thought I sensed a little arrogance/self-satisfaction which I found obnoxious. I don't think this proves your point that Giolito had mechanical problems, I've read as many reports on him as I've been able to find and have never seen anything but glowing compliments on his mechanics. This a VERY unfortunate freak injury to arguably the top talent in the draft. This affects him personally/financially and frankly it at least indirectly affects the Twins by removing a top prospect from the top of the draft board.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kieth Law had this to say in his blog today...

"• I've been asked by many of you about the news this week that Harvard-Westlake right-hander Luc Giolito, No. 2 on my most recent draft rankings, has a sprained UCL in his right elbow and will miss the rest of his team's season. An MRI showed no damage, and he feels no pain, so the prescription for now is 4-6 weeks of rest followed by a conservative rehab schedule.

He had little left to prove on the mound, so if he can throw for teams at the end of May and still has no evidence of structural damage (not the same as evidence of no damage, but the best we can get), I think he should still go in the top 10 if he's willing to sign. The upside here is far too good for teams to pass up."

A few things I know about Lucas Giolito: He has never had any arm problems before this, which is amazing considering he throws 100mph. He is as smooth and effortless a power pitcher I have seen in college or pros. He's also young for a senior in high school which means he's not done developing. He's got a great, goofy demeanor-- a natural pitcher's brain-- and he works very hard. If I was a GM I would sell the farm to get him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123