Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: 2014 Futures Game

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

2014 Futures Game

With the Twins being awarded the 2014 All-Star game, it got me thinking... which Twins minor leaguer(s) will play in the 2014 Futures Game at Target Field. Will the Twins have one World representative and one US representative? Let's assume so. Who do you think they will be?

My predictions:

World - Max Kepler
    USA - Byron Buxton

(I'm going to assume that in the 2013 Futures Game, Miguel Sano will play for the World Team and Aaron Hicks for the US team.)

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The way he's going I wouldn't rule out Jose Berrios (don't know which team gets PR players).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ha!! That's why I didn't put Eddie Rosario too. I wasn't sure which team to put him on...

Regarding which team PR players play for: according to Wikipedia "(Players born in Puerto Rico are part of the "World" team despite being U.S. citizens by birth, because that territory has its own national baseball federation and national team)."

I'm a little annoyed that tickets for the Futures Game won't be available for sale individually -- people have to buy a strip of tickets for all three (ASG, HR Derby, and Futures Game) events.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Brown View Post
    Regarding which team PR players play for: according to Wikipedia "(Players born in Puerto Rico are part of the "World" team despite being U.S. citizens by birth, because that territory has its own national baseball federation and national team)."

I'm a little annoyed that tickets for the Futures Game won't be available for sale individually -- people have to buy a strip of tickets for all three (ASG, HR Derby, and Futures Game) events.
    Don't worry - I'm sure they'll price them very reasonably

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts

You can still buy them individually 2nd hand off stub hub/craigslist etc once the event gets closer.
    Honestly it makes sense, this way they can charge full price for the Futures Game.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the futures game should be the least demand of the 3. Not saying it will be cheap on stub hub but definitely cheaper than the derby or the all star game.

Does the Futures Game not allow for a player to be on a roster more than once?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
    It will probably be very difficult to get tickets for any of the events. In '05 (or '06) I had to be a 20 game season ticket holder for two seasons (in Detroit) to be able to buy tickets. The total package was $250 and we could have easily have sold the AS game ticket for more. Futures game tickets were selling for 50-100 IIRC and it's actually more interesting than the AS game.