Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you know what Chris Herrmann's injury status is right now?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Berrios should move into the top level of prospects in MN based on his work this year.
    2nd really good draft pick from Puerto Rico in the last 3 years, Rosario the other.
    Some productive scouting done there.

too bad playoff games dont count in seasonal stats....great game by Jose that wil never be documented

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On the flip side, Travis Harrison should be very happy that the stats don't count

Was at the New Britain game last night (perfect night for baseball). The Hicks and Arcia triples were both hit to the deepest parts of the park, Arcia's to dead center over the CF's head. Arcia is just a strong looking kid, great lower half. Hicks had two foul balls that were rockets down the lines, as well. Romero had a real nice game. A few of the regulars sitting around me were talking him up all game about how impressed they were with him during this series.
    On the mound, Darnell obviously had a great game, but his stuff didn't stand out as much as Bromberg or Pugh, who are more power/stuff type pitchers. Bromberg seems to have almost try to get too much velocity from the windup. He has a huge leg kick, getting his knee pretty much up to shoulder level, and raises his hands above his head. I thought he looked more controlled from the stretch once he settled down. His velocity and stuff still play just fine without all the extra movement. Pugh is the one to watch, though. Power stuff, with decent control (last night, at least), and broke off a few really nice off-speed pitches that kept the hitters off-balance. Best "defensive" play of the day went to a young boy who caught a double-ricochet foul ball with his hat, receiving applause from the entire stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by stymietime View Post
    Was at the New Britain game last night (perfect night for baseball). The Hicks and Arcia triples were both hit to the deepest parts of the park, Arcia's to dead center over the CF's head. Arcia is just a strong looking kid, great lower half. Hicks had two foul balls that were rockets down the lines, as well. Romero had a real nice game. A few of the regulars sitting around me were talking him up all game about how impressed they were with him during this series.
    On the mound, Darnell obviously had a great game, but his stuff didn't stand out as much as Bromberg or Pugh, who are more power/stuff type pitchers. Bromberg seems to have almost try to get too much velocity from the windup. He has a huge leg kick, getting his knee pretty much up to shoulder level, and raises his hands above his head. I thought he looked more controlled from the stretch once he settled down. His velocity and stuff still play just fine without all the extra movement. Pugh is the one to watch, though. Power stuff, with decent control (last night, at least), and broke off a few really nice off-speed pitches that kept the hitters off-balance. Best "defensive" play of the day went to a young boy who caught a double-ricochet foul ball with his hat, receiving applause from the entire stadium.
    Thanks for the report! I'm looking forward to catching at least one game there over the long weekend.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Awesome that Berrios is beginning to start. Duffey and Chargois continue to dominate in the pen too.

wonder if MN would move Berrios up to BEL for their playoff game. He would be on his natural rest for Game 1

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    wonder if MN would move Berrios up to BEL for their playoff game. He would be on his natural rest for Game 1
    I don't see why not; since apparently franchise relationships trump everything else, there isn't exactly a huge Snapper fan base- or- extra needed consideration for an upset ownership/front office in Beloit that could be too shook up by the move.