Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Twins vs Mariners, 08-30-2012, 12:10pm

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,101
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Twins vs Mariners, 08-30-2012, 12:10pm

    Twins:
    Ben Revere CF

    Alexi Casilla 2B
    Joe Mauer C
    Josh Willingham LF
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Ryan Doumit DH
    Chris Parmelee RF
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Pedro Florimon SS
    (Brian Duensing P)

    Mariners:
    Dustin Ackley 2B
    Franklin Gutierrez CF
    Kyle Seager 3B
    Jesus Montero C
    Justin Smoak 1B
    Miguel Olivo DH
    Trayvon Robinson LF
    Eric Thames RF
    Brendan Ryan SS
    (Blake Beavan P)

  2. #2
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    I see BDuens has already yielded a run. Hopefully the bats will stay alive.

  3. #3
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    I will be at work for the entire game. I predict a big day from Alexi Casilla, as the Twins split with the M's.

  4. #4
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Don't you dare bunt Casilla!

  5. #5
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I will be at work for the entire game. I predict a big day from Alexi Casilla, as the Twins split with the M's.
    That's a start!

  6. #6
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,586
    Like
    3,651
    Liked 3,143 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Casilla is still on this team?

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Casilla is still on this team?
    Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    If Revere could just pull one of those long fly outs, he'd get that elusive 1st home run.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  9. #9
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    OK, I am on GameDay and the out for Revere was recorded as a ball all the way to (or over) the wall. How accurate?

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    OK, I am on GameDay and the out for Revere was recorded as a ball all the way to (or over) the wall. How accurate?
    Roughly 390-395 ft. dead center.

    Right at the beginning of the warning track.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post

    Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
    It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.

  12. #12
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,717
    Like
    870
    Liked 844 Times in 540 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    If Revere could just pull one of those long fly outs, he'd get that elusive 1st home run.
    He has made some nice improvements at every phase of the game this year, even throwing out a baserunner or two, no reason he can't emulate Kirby's career just a wee little bit and add a modicum of power to his toolkit. He starts hitting more gaps on the fly and he creates even more defensive nightmares for the opposition.

  13. #13
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,717
    Like
    870
    Liked 844 Times in 540 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post

    Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
    It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.
    Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.

  14. #14
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    OK, I am on GameDay and the out for Revere was recorded as a ball all the way to (or over) the wall. How accurate?
    Roughly 390-395 ft. dead center.

    Right at the beginning of the warning track.
    So gutierrez had to go back 180 ft. then? JK.

  15. #15
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,586
    Like
    3,651
    Liked 3,143 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Casilla is still on this team?
    Do you believe he still has some promise? .
    No. But in fairness, I've not thought much of Casilla for a few years now.

    I don't think the Twins think he's an everyday player either...they're playing a 38 yr old ahead of him, among other things.

  16. #16
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post

    Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
    It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.
    Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.
    I think the Twins keep him just to give Chief ulcers.

  17. #17
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    196
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    I confess to not watching the Twins much lately. So, have we been seeing more of the "bad Hammer" lately?

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post

    Do you believe he still has some promise? I'm torn, but think he can still be a good option at second for us, especially given our current depth/options to replace him.
    It will be interesting to see whether the Twins offer him arbitration in the off-season or let him walk. With Nishi back in the doghouse and Escobar not showing much yet they might choose to keep him, for depth. A month ago I'd have been sure he was history after this year.
    Don't put it past him, he has made a living being the odd man in, and then out, and then back in again.
    He's been a tease, no doubt. I really hope Carroll is the utility guy next year since his definitely on the 25 man barring trade. I like the current look up the middle, so long as both Florimon and Casilla keep up better than average defense, which they should.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  19. #19
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,742
    Like
    58
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    When Morneau gets some patience back at the plate, I really hope we'll see him getting into better counts. Man, it seems like he's always down 1-2 and has to protect.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  20. #20
    Lew Ford up to bat on WGN. GIDP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.