Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bollinger: Led by Sano, Twins Improve on Top 100 lists

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bollinger: Led by Sano, Twins Improve on Top 100 lists

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...s_min&c_id=min

MiLB.com ranked its Top 100 prospects. Miguel Sano (21), Byron Buxton (30), Aaron Hicks (67) and Eddie Rosario (88) were the four in the top 100.

They also ranked their Top 20 Twins prospects:

1.) Sano
    2.) Buxton
    3.) Hicks
    4.) Rosario
    5.) Arcia

Again, check out the link to see some of the crazy rankings!

Arcia must be 101.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Gibson as the #16 prospect in the system? Give me a damn break. Salcedo at #7?

wow.

Rosario at 88? They must've neglected to notice that he's been moved to 2B and has been competent in the field. He's worth a top 50 minimum.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Interesting.... Ben Badler (BA) was tweeting that Arcia might crack the top 50. That might mean at least 3, probably 4 Twins in a top 50
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 85 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How in the world can you keep Arcia off the list when he puts up those numbers in Double-A as a 21-year-old? He certainly looks like a better prospect than Rosario right now (not a slight against Eddie).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also in the article, Twins have moved up from the 23rd best system to the 14th, which I would imagine is quite the jump from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. I would like to see a list of the systems' rankings.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    How in the world can you keep Arcia off the list when he puts up those numbers in Double-A as a 21-year-old? He certainly looks like a better prospect than Rosario right now (not a slight against Eddie).
    If Rosario was an outfielder, absolutely... But as a second baseman Rosario makes it close. Just not that much middle infield talent
    -----

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Again, check out the link to see some of the crazy rankings!
    That is a thing to see indeed

The link to the Twins' top 20 rankings is here and it is nuts after the top 5. It is unsigned so it would be interesting to see who did that. The Morales and the Williams rankings are really curious, in light of a horrid season for the former and the signing of at least 3-4 better relievers this season for the latter...
    -----

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I also believe that Arcia had a monster year, and, no offense to the Twins decision-makers, a call-up to the Bigs, while possibly booting him off this list, might have gotten him onto it, or at least this one. Also, I think Kepler did enough this year to rank higher than 18th, and I think Arcia should have been in front of Rosario, but only because Rosario missed time after getting hit in the face with a pitch. Also, I don't think Benson deserves to still be in the Top Ten after the year he had, not that I don't think that he could climb back there next year.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    I don't have a huge problem with Arcia not being in the top 100. I don't understand the organization records. To have Kyle Gibson so low is understandable. But JO ranked behind Salcedo? Doesn't make any sense. And then to keep Herrmann out and put in Alex Wimmers, who hasn't done a darn tooten since he signed, is absurd.

I understnad he has to do a lot of teams and he actually did a pretty good job other than those few things I mentioned. Mayo is a legit minor league analyst and needs to be recognized. Hey Jon, nailed it bud.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can really see Berrios shooting up the boards over the next year if he performs like he was in his season at Elizabethton.

1. Sano
    2. Buxton
    3. Hicks
    4. Rosario
    5. Arcia
    6. BERRIOS
    7. Harrisson
    8. Gibson
    9. Harrison
    10. Max Kepler

This would be more like it.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    1. Sano
    2. Buxton
    3. Hicks
    4. Rosario
    5. Arcia
    6. BERRIOS
    7. Harrisson
    8. Gibson
    9. Harrison
    10. Max Kepler

This would be more like it.
    One of these 2 Benson? Or George?
    -----

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Arcia, Gibson, Kepler, and Goodrum all seem to get the shaft in this list. This article and list is likely just September fluff as the season winds down and their isn't much to write about in minor league ball. I imagine the top 100 as well as our own top 20 will change before April next year. This is just clickedy fodder.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. Clearly they don't really pay attention to detail. Kepler has climbed dramatically. I will say that giving props to higher level players makes sense so I can see how Kepler could be lower, but that doesn't explain Arcia's placement . . . I am probably going to put him ahead of Buxton for now (AA is a LONG way from Rookie ball).

If Rosario sticks as a second baseman, forget about it. He will be one of the top 3 second basemen in baseball by 2016.

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would put Arcia over Rosario at this point.

which is more ludicrous: salcedo at no.7 or angel morales at no.10? asinine list.

also, their system ranking formula is much too simplistic as it only accounts for top 100 talent and places an equal value for each spot between the rankings so the difference between the 2nd and 3rd ranked prospects is one point and the difference between the 82nd and 83rd prospects is one point. boo.

The points system is not just flawed, it is wrong. The more I think about this ranking stuff, the more it makes me angry. But they wouldn't do it if we didn't read it, we have ourselves to blame. I am not going to lie, when I check that website at least 70 times during the baseball season. Everytime a trade rumor comes out, I go there and look at certain teams systems to see who we could get (Reds and Blue Jays especially). The website site up is super easy and very nice and Mayo updates frequently. I would like to know where the two new cats from Chicago would rank?

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good site for statistics, but not for rankings. If Benson and Salcedo were performing, the Twins would have a top 10 system. Low on pitching, but TONS of good bats. Arcia should be in the rankings at 75 at least and Hicks should certainly be top 40. Hicks only looks like he could be the best leadoff man in the game, has all five tools+plate discipline, and exploded this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast