Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Strasburg done

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts

Strasburg done

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stephen...planation.html

So incredibly stupid. I hope Washington never makes it back to the postseason.

I agree. If they only wanted him to pitch for 4 months they shouldn't have started his season until Memorial Day.

actually I hope they win it all so in the future Strasbug has no ties to the championship team as he wont be on the playoff roster.
    Wash has 2 ace type pitchers left & a solid 4some left to get thru the playoffs.
    If they do win it, dont get back in the next 4 yrs....its guarranteed Strasberg leaves as a FA & that will show Rizzo how important the future is to a team.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    This could get messy in a hurry. Boras is being very veiled in his comments http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83...sburg-shutdown

...but it sounds like he's not exactly a fan of how this has been handled, and that could be big if you look at the list of current and future National players that Boras represents.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Boras makes this into a scandal - it is a piss poor play. Davey Johnson has been in the game around 50 years. He has seen Strasburg's performance the last few starts and the media attention on his shut down has screwed with him mentally - his last 2 starts have not been very good and Johnson is pulling the plug. The Nationals have had a plan and they are following through with it. Good for them! The Nationals still have a good staff and should win the NL East. Anything else is icing on the cake, because nothing can be assumed in the playoffs.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    If Boras makes this into a scandal - it is a piss poor play. Davey Johnson has been in the game around 50 years. He has seen Strasburg's performance the last few starts and the media attention on his shut down has screwed with him mentally - his last 2 starts have not been very good and Johnson is pulling the plug. The Nationals have had a plan and they are following through with it. Good for them! The Nationals still have a good staff and should win the NL East. Anything else is icing on the cake, because nothing can be assumed in the playoffs.
    Nah, I don't think he'll go scandal, but this sounds a lot like "enjoy him until he's a FA, because we're not staying here"
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by glanzer View Post
    I agree. If they only wanted him to pitch for 4 months they shouldn't have started his season until Memorial Day.

So what about the first seven weeks of the season?

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 817 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm trying to figure out why boras woudl be against this... Strasburg might, but this is in Strasburg's best interest, which makes it more likely that he gets a nice payday when he hits FA.