Thread: I miss Carlos Gomez

I miss Carlos Gomez

I'll probably get ridiculed for this but count me among those who miss Go Gomez and his pure power of entertainment, both good and bad. I know he had to go and I'm not saying they should have kept him. But I am pretty sure that most people on this site watch a lot of Twins games, and I bet most of you sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate. I did. He was fun to watch, at the plate, in the field, in front of the cameras. LOVED his interviews.

I know it was a while ago and I know he needed to go. I wish there was some personality as big as his on the team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I miss him because my White Sox buddy haaaated him. He would get so riled up that I had bought a Gomez t-shirt to egg him on. Oh sports...
    Wikipedia is for suckers

Chuckk,

I can't say that I sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate because I got tired of seeing him flail at outside sliders. However, on those occasions when he did reach first or hit a ball into the gap the man was absoulutely electric. He is an amazing combination of power and incredible speed---I just wish he wouldn't have been such an emotional hot-head. My wife loved him and still wears her 'Gomez' t-shirt around the house. I hope that he can reach his full potential at some time in his career---he would be amazing.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    he is the 5th outfielder here in milwaukee, the only thing he is good at now is pinch running, and playing defense in the 7th or later.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932