View Poll Results: Predict it: Will the bottom 1/3 of the Twins lineup get a hit tonight?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins vs Royals, 09-12-2012, 7:10pm

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I'm not sure why Gardy felt the need to put Doumit in LF. There are so many other options right now with the expanded rosters.

Gardy could have put Doumit at C and a better hitter than Butera in LF if he wanted to put his optimal lineup on the field.

Also... why is Revere back in right field? I get that Gardy wants to reward his veteran guy by giving Span back his position, but there's no reason Revere couldn't be put in left where he's a better fit now that there are other outfield options.... it's not like Revere's future is in right field anyway.
    Funny, I was just going to post this and it looks like hindsight.....but there was no reason to play Butera. This means Doumit could have been at C, Revere in LF, and Parmelee in RF to get him some more at bats.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 336 Times in 224 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I'm not sure why Gardy felt the need to put Doumit in LF. There are so many other options right now with the expanded rosters.

Gardy could have put Doumit at C and a better hitter than Butera in LF if he wanted to put his optimal lineup on the field.

Also... why is Revere back in right field? I get that Gardy wants to reward his veteran guy by giving Span back his position, but there's no reason Revere couldn't be put in left where he's a better fit now that there are other outfield options.... it's not like Revere's future is in right field anyway.
    Funny, I was just going to post this and it looks like hindsight.....but there was no reason to play Butera. This means Doumit could have been at C, Revere in LF, and Parmelee in RF to get him some more at bats.
    Now there's apparently plenty of reason to play Butera. The Twins just posted tonight's lineup. Butera starts at C again- It's the first "one-catcher" lineup I can remember in recent weeks. Doumit gets a much-deserved night off from his nightmare game yesterday. Revere stays in RF, Mastro in LF.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Wait, is Parmelee hurt?

Seriously? I like Mastro but c'mon.

Yeah, I'm find with Butera giving Doums a rest, but the Twins lineup should not have two catchers (w/o Mauer) as it did last night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12