Thread: Reason to Watch Twins in September: AL EAST SPOILER

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts

Reason to Watch Twins in September: AL EAST SPOILER

The Twins play the most hated, vile, poop stained team in the league in late Septmember: The Damn Yankees. Even though we have been out of it since May, and our attendance is dropping, I urge you to get out to the park. I know the park will be packed in two weeks for this series, but can we pack it full of Twins fans? The Twins have an actual chance to hurt the Yankees this September. They are tied with the Orioles and have the Rays only 3 games back. This series could come down to be the most important of the wretched Yanks season. Go Orioles!!

The purpose of this post is to stir up the hatred we have for the Yankees. I hate the Yankees more than I like the Twins. Please tell me how bad you hate the Yankees. I am the guy who boos Derek Jeter. Dang right I boo that ahole. He is a Yankee.

If Herbert Humphrey (the chosen one) walked into a room with pinstripes on, I would still spit on him. If Jesus walked int...thats the ONLY place I draw the line with Pinstripe hatred, even though while writing the post I debated on whether I would spit or not...I mean his father DID give us free will.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 602 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    The Twins play the most hated, vile, poop stained team in the league in late Septmember: The Damn Yankees. Even though we have been out of it since May, and our attendance is dropping, I urge you to get out to the park. I know the park will be packed in two weeks for this series, but can we pack it full of Twins fans? The Twins have an actual chance to hurt the Yankees this September. They are tied with the Orioles and have the Rays only 3 games back. This series could come down to be the most important of the wretched Yanks season. Go Orioles!!

The purpose of this post is to stir up the hatred we have for the Yankees. I hate the Yankees more than I like the Twins. Please tell me how bad you hate the Yankees. I am the guy who boos Derek Jeter. Dang right I boo that ahole. He is a Yankee.

If Herbert Humphrey (the chosen one) walked into a room with pinstripes on, I would still spit on him. If Jesus walked int...thats the ONLY place I draw the line with Pinstripe hatred, even though while writing the post I debated on whether I would spit or not...I mean his father DID give us free will.

Thou shall not hate.......................................anybody except the White Sox and the Yankees.

Liked 347 Times in 197 Posts
    Well, the Whities have confused me. I hate their red pinstripes. But they've been wearing the black ones against the Tigers and have lost so maybe they were on to something with the red stripes. Just totally odd -- I just can't get used to those red stripes.

I'm hoping the Yankees nose-dive before they play the Twins cuz if the Orioles and Rays have to count on the Twins, they'd better figure out a way to loan the Twins some starting pitching.

Twins do have a lot of opportunities to impact the outcome in the Central, though.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is an outside chance that the Yankees could be knocked out of the playoffs entirely.

That would be fantastic, doubly so if the Twins help it happen.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    There is an outside chance that the Yankees could be knocked out of the playoffs entirely.

That would be fantastic, doubly so if the Twins help it happen.
    Unfortunately, the Yanks have the easier closing schedule of the East contenders- 10 games- with the Twins and Toronto on the road- and then closing at home against the Red Sox. The guilty schadenfreude of the Twins somehow taking a couple from the Pinstripers that ultimately denies them a playoff appearance would slightly soften the double gobsmack seasons of the unwatchable 2011-12 MN Twins.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 599 Times in 229 Posts
    I would give my 5th-born to have the Twins effectively knock the Yankees out of the playoffs.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post

While I will agree that I hate the Yankees more than any other team in the Majors, I don't think I could bring myself to boo guys like Jeter and Rivera, because of their great careers (just so we're clear, those are the only two Yankees that I can tolerate kinda sorta.)

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 599 Times in 229 Posts
    Curtis Granderson is one of the league's good guys, he's pretty tough to dislike.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Loathe the Yankees. Just loathe them. I heard some of the T-Wolves are back in town practicing. Maybe we have Nikola Pekovic stop by and punch Mark Texeira in the face. I know A-Roid and Jeter are the more popular targets of Yankee hatred, but for reasons I cannot explain, Tex is the guy I would most want to see get hit upside the head.

We split 4 in the Bronx, so we win this series, we win the season series again the Yankees for the first time in God knows how long. That would be a nice little moral victory at the ass-end of this festering turd of a season.

But first things first, let's sweep the Whities and send them into a mini-tailspin. I'm no Tiger fan either, but I'll happily pull for them against the Whities.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Curtis Granderson is one of the league's good guys, he's pretty tough to dislike.
    I've gotta grundingly agree with you there.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Francisco Liriano will be skipped in the rotation Friday following Thursday's rainout.

Liriano was expected to return from the bullpen to start Friday against the Twins, but the rainout will allow the White Sox to skip him altogether. Chris Sale, Jose Quintana and Jake Peavy will start this weekend while Gavin Floyd is expected to pitch Monday's makeup game against the Tigers.
    Source: Mark Gonzales on Twitter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    I'm no Tiger fan either, but I'll happily pull for them against the Whities.
    Hard for me to think it, let alone type it out in public...but I actually prefer the White Sox to the current incarnation of the Tigers. Don't get me wrong, it's like preferring a headache to an earache, but still.

Liked 1,063 Times in 476 Posts
    Who is Herbert Humphrey?

Jeter and Granderson would be easy to like if they weren't Yankees.

A-Fraud and Texeira would be easy to loathe even if they were Twins.

Take a look at this; I believe you all may find this amusing.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012...husiasts-story

On a much more serious note, I have two young daughters whom I am trying to teach well. Is it more important that they grow up loathing the Yankees or the White Sox? I think, actually, the latter. But I'd be happy to entertain suggestions.

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Also Lew Ford is in the AL East with a chance to make the playoffs. Let's root for LLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEWWWW

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCTwins View Post
    Take a look at this; I believe you all may find this amusing.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012...husiasts-story

On a much more serious note, I have two young daughters whom I am trying to teach well. Is it more important that they grow up loathing the Yankees or the White Sox? I think, actually, the latter. But I'd be happy to entertain suggestions.
    If you want your daughters to tunr into fully functioning adult's...you teach them to hate BOTH the Yankees and the White Sox. And the Tigers. And to laugh at the Royals when they are 20 under 500 every year.

Liked 347 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCTwins View Post
    I think for most people in the Midwest, hating the Yankees comes naturally. Hating the White Sox is an acquired skill. And I must say that in all my long years, I haven't really acquired it. I tend to root for any Central Divison team against the rest of mlb.

(But I don't know if you're midwestern or not -- the BC thing has me confused -- initials or British Columbia?)