Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does De Vries Deserve 2013 Rotation Spot?

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He might get one because the team won't have any other options. His performance was OK but I don't really feel good about him being part of the rotation for next year.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    DeVries has pitched more than one game against several teams. DeVries continues to put up quality starts. Same for Deduno. There is no need to go out and sign a 4/5 starter as they continue to perform. DeVries is well below league average on bb/9 so he definitely pitches the Twin's way.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 486 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll echo what everyone else has said. He's earned a shot, but that is all. We all know the Twins have too many guys that are stuff-challenged and depend on command and pitching to contact.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    If the Twins don't go out and sign or trade for starters, De Vries would be the #3 starter in 2013 behind Diamond and Deduno.

Remember, TR said the Twins won't be in the market for big time starters. And if De Vries is the 3rd best starter on the team, the Twins would need to get three better starters than him somehow to bump him out of the rotation. My guess is De Vries is in the rotation out of ST as the #4.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Boom Boom;54052]If the Twins don't go out and sign or trade for starters, De Vries would be the #3 starter in 2013 behind Diamond and Deduno.

That is just plain scary. All three should slide down 2 spots.

It will be very dissappointing if any more than ONE of De Vries, Deduno, Walters, Vasquez, or Blackburn is in the rotation on April 1.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew0211 View Post
    It will be very dissappointing if any more than ONE of De Vries, Deduno, Walters, Vasquez, or Blackburn is in the rotation on April 1.

It'll be disappointing, but it absolutely will happen.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,522 Times in 796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew0211 View Post
    I wouldn't shed too many tears if De Vries and Deduno make the rotation out of ST, just as long as Gibson isn't taking one of the other five spots (ie. The Filler D's can't be replaced by Gibson later in the season as one/both of them inevitably fail). Keeping a scrub in the #5 spot with the intent of replacing him with Gibson isn't the worst plan in the world given the Twins' pitching woes. But it has to be a #4/5 spot... If De Vries/Deduno are #3/4 starters, this team is going to be awful for a third consecutive season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12