Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Baseball America's 2012 Classification All Stars

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Baseball America's 2012 Classification All Stars

http://ht.ly/1mrUkX

The Twins had several players named to the BA Classification All Star lists.

One from AAA (Parmelee), One from AA (Hicks), One from High-A (Pinto), One from Low-A (Sano), One from Rookie ball (Kepler).

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    Wow, lot's of people think next years crop of propsects will be a let down since Trout and Harper have were called up this year, but those AAA numbers are insane. Parmelee's awesome stat line looks pretty mediocre next to some of those. Maybe I've never seen offensive statistics seperated by league, but it seems to me, usually the top A ball guys have better lines than the top AAA guys do due to the increasingly better talent pool at AAA.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Note that Parmelee's numbers are in the International League. Most of the big AAA numbers are from the Pacific Coast League (PCL) where you and I could post an .800 OPS (slight exaggeration!).

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So Arcia is good enough to make the cut as a 2nd teamer on BA's minor league AS team that combines all classifications, but can't make the cut for his classification AS team, as determined by the same rating organization? Seems peculiar.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    So Arcia is good enough to make the cut as a 2nd teamer on BA's minor league AS team that combines all classifications, but can't make the cut for his classification AS team, as determined by the same rating organization? Seems peculiar.
    He pretty much split the season between 2 classifications, so it'd be hard for him to put up big enough numbers in either one individually, but overall, what a year!

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I guess if I had thought it through, that would make sense.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~