Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins agre to Class A affiliation agreement with Cedar Rapids

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins agre to Class A affiliation agreement with Cedar Rapids

The Twins and Cedar Rapids Kernels have agreed to enter a PDC agreement for the next 4 years. A formal announcement should come on Wednesday. My Knuckleballs post on the subject:

http://knuckleballsblog.com/2012/09/...-cedar-rapids/
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Blog Entries
    I really do know how to spell "agree."

Just got a little excited, I guess.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

Liked 318 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know a happy man
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Its a sad day in Southern Wisconsin, although certainly not unexpected. Cedar Rapids has seemed like a perfect fit for the Twins, and hopefully it's a good relationship that lasts just as long as it takes to build a new ballpark in Beloit!

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just posted on Facebook that this news is hitting me with some seriously mixed emotions. I fully understand the decision to leave and to go to Cedar Rapids. Personally, I LOVE going to Beloit. The people. The Front Office. They may not get a ton of fans in attendance, but I've been able to meet a bunch of them, and they were die hard Twins fans in the heart of Brewers country. I'll have to go to Cedar Rapids, if only to hang out with JC... but I'll have to keep my annual Beloit trip plans too!!

Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Hats off to you, JC, for staying on top of this story all summer/fall (okay maybe not fall by the calendar but it feels like fall tonight)!

And LOL, I just realized that it is further for me to CR than for TC residents but definitely closer than Beloit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nowheresville View Post
    Its a sad day in Southern Wisconsin, although certainly not unexpected. Cedar Rapids has seemed like a perfect fit for the Twins, and hopefully it's a good relationship that lasts just as long as it takes to build a new ballpark in Beloit!
    I do hope Beloit gets that new stadium. The fans and the front office there deserve it and I would love to see Beloit secure their place in the MWL long in to the future.

Liked 113 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One other nice thing about visiting Cedar Rapids to see the Twins: it's close to the Field Of Dreams in Dyersville. That is a very cool place.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Opening day will be April 4 next year. The Kernels will be hosting the Beloit Snappers

This is very good news to a Twins fan from Waterloo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Opening day will be April 4 next year. The Kernels will be hosting the Beloit Snappers
    Someone I know may have to make an effort to be there!!! Fun!

Thanks for staying on top of the story and providing us with great info Jim. I look forward to your coverage of the team next season.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    JC living the dream man. I will miss the trips to Beloit as like Seth has said the folks down there who actually support the team and the Snappers front office are great in everyway. I have been taking my family to Snappers games for 8 years? Is that possible. My boy turning 9 this year has only known the Snappers as his team, I tried explaining that we will still go down to catch Snappers games but not when they are playing the Kernals so we can all root for the Snappers. Now we have to get all new gear.

JC I will look for you to say hello, I expect you will be the man with biggest smile in the park.

I'm another big Twins fan in Iowa, from just south of Iowa City. My kids are going to get to see a lot of baseball next year.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Should be a good first year with many of the champions on the E-Twins getting promoted.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Should be a good first year with many of the champions on the E-Twins getting promoted.
    can't judge how the low-a team will do based on e-town numbers but next year should feature the likes of buxton, berrios, kepler, polanco, goodrum, walker, boyd, harrison, mata, robb, duffey, chargois and bard. good lord.

Blog Entries
    Joe Christensen just confirmed and announces that it is a four-year agreement. http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...170203986.html

Of course, Jim Crikket posted the announcement about 16 hours ago!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Joe Christensen just confirmed and announces that it is a four-year agreement. http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...170203986.html

Yeah, but Joe's probably just makin' crap up, too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post

OK since my previous response got flagged for moderation, I'll rephrase...

Yeah, but I'm sure Joe C is just making "stuff" up, too.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    I was shown the ballpark dimensions, 315 down the left field line with quite a long HR porch continuing out for several yards. If Adam Walker gets promoted straight to Low A the Twins may have two consecutive Midwest League HR champs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast