Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Matt Capps activated from DL

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,936
    Like
    46
    Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Matt Capps activated from DL

    Dustin Morse tweeted that the Twins have activated Matt Capps from the Disabled List.

    I'm sure they'll throw him in some low-leverage situations.

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,093
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    So Seth, was it some sort of sports version of a Freudian Slip that caused you to post this on the "On the Farm" section? Or just wishful thinking?
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  3. #3
    Senior Member Double-A zenser's Avatar
    Posts
    150
    Like
    6
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    For all the Matt Capps fans out there, take a good look. We won't be seeing Matt Capps in a Twins uniform next year.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Posts
    810
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zenser View Post
    For all the Matt Capps fans out there, take a good look. We won't be seeing Matt Capps in a Twins uniform next year.
    I would not be surprised to see Capps get a 1- year offer from the Twins AGAIN.

    Keep pouring money down that drain until they prove he was a good acquisition.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Posts
    656
    Like
    7
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    So I am assuming that any situation that the Twins put Capps into is a low-leverage situation because they aren't actually in the playoff hunt.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,117
    Like
    45
    Liked 163 Times in 86 Posts
    I expect both Capps and Pavano back next year.

    In honor of Crikket:

    "I don't want a pickle, Just want to ride on my motorsickle!"

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,093
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I expect both Capps and Pavano back next year.

    In honor of Crikket:

    "I don't want a pickle, Just want to ride on my motorsickle!"
    Aw, thanks!

    ~and I don't wanna die, just wanna ride my motor cy... cle~
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  8. #8
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,716
    Like
    33
    Liked 794 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zenser View Post
    For all the Matt Capps fans out there, take a good look. We won't be seeing Matt Capps in a Twins uniform next year.
    I would not be surprised to see Capps get a 1- year offer from the Twins AGAIN.

    Keep pouring money down that drain until they prove he was a good acquisition.
    Psssshh. They don't even have to make an offer. All they have to do is pick up the $6.5m option on Cappsie.

  9. #9
    Capps wants to get out and prove he still has something left in the tank before the Twins cut him loose and he hits the free-agent market. I wouldn't give him any innings if it's at the expense of one of the younger players. I don't see that the Twins feel they should owe him anything at this point (other than his considerable buyout).

  10. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    633
    Like
    7
    Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
    Lets see that cutter...over/under 1 strikeout for the rest of his career?

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,173
    Like
    19
    Liked 198 Times in 125 Posts
    So there wasn't enough innings to go around for Slama or Guerra but Gardy can dig up a few for Capps?

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    4,629
    Like
    522
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Why limit him to low leverage situations? That makes no sense, either he's healthy, or he's not....
    Lighten up Francis....

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    3,812
    Like
    27
    Liked 323 Times in 193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    So there wasn't enough innings to go around for Slama or Guerra but Gardy can dig up a few for Capps?
    Of course. Capps is a proven MLB-closer
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  14. #14
    let him pitch and place him on waivers.....maybe we can get a bag of BP balls or something for him.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    120
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westgaard66 View Post
    let him pitch and place him on waivers.....maybe we can get a bag of BP balls or something for him.
    But then the other team would have to pay his buyout

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.