Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Training - Game 4 vs Red Sox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    First time I've seen Doumit bat. He's got a hitch in his swing where he drops his hands. A definite no-no.
    It seems more than a hitch, There's a lot of movement below the hips and doesn't seem to get steady anywhere before the swing. Odd for a large guy
    Wikipedia is for suckers

Quote Originally Posted by denarded View Post
    It seems more than a hitch, There's a lot of movement below the hips and doesn't seem to get steady anywhere before the swing. Odd for a large guy
    I'll have to look for that next time. I also noticed he's got a lot of movement with his front foot. Lifts it high when swinging and stomps it down.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Probably not the outing that Deolis Guerra wanted in his 2011 debut, huh?

Anyone hear what the attendance was for this game?

Not sure if that is good or bad that 150 games will be televised on FSN based on tonight's performance.

Is it pronounced Dough-mit or Due-mit?

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tough game for us. Marquis did ok...Manship bailed him out. Mauer and Nishioka had decent offensive games. A lot of spring training left.
    I bent my wookie...

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mysonlikes7 View Post
    Is it pronounced Dough-mit or Due-mit?
    DOUgh-mitt. No pun intented.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    whydidn't -No need to worry about him. If he stays healthy (and last year's injury was a fluke, broken leg), he'll eat 190-200 innings, post an ERA around 4.60, give up a bunch of hits and be fine as a back of the rotaion starter. Also, Hendriks is close, but I don't think anyone thinks he's ready. Give him a couple of months in Rochester, work on a couple of things and go from there.
    Ugh- I Appreciate the optimism at this time of year, but this means the Twins will need to score 5 runs each time Marquis pitches. Without Cuddyer, Kubel, Young or Thome I think that could be quite the challenge, meaning we are expecting a loss everytime Marquis pitches.

Liked 347 Times in 197 Posts
    "Tough game for us. Marquis did ok...Manship bailed him out."

No, Marquis did not do okay. I'm not ready to give up on him after one ST game but there was nothing "okay" about his performance last night.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    "Tough game for us. Marquis did ok...Manship bailed him out."

No, Marquis did not do okay. I'm not ready to give up on him after one ST game but there was nothing "okay" about his performance last night.
    First Inning was good. He really did fall apart in the second. Nerves finally got to him and it looked like he was trying way too hard. He was easily overpitching as he had 3 wild pitchs. He should bounce back. First outing with a new team, you really want to impress. Anderson needs to work on his tempo and he should improve. His next outing will show a lot.
    I bent my wookie...

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    First Inning was good. He really did fall apart in the second. Nerves finally got to him and it looked like he was trying way too hard. He was easily overpitching as he had 3 wild pitchs. He should bounce back. First outing with a new team, you really want to impress. Anderson needs to work on his tempo and he should improve. His next outing will show a lot.

Pretty sure it wasn't nerves that got to him. He's been around a long time. He wasn't nervous the second inning. He just lost his release point. That's uncharacteristic for him. Nothing to worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12