Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Playoff impact on the Twins

Playoff impact on the Twins

I found myself cheering for Baltimore vs. the Rangers because somewhere inside me I thought it may help the Twins.

Does the Rangers coming up short make them more desperate to overpay for Greinke thus make them decide to not resign Hamilton and then look for a more cost effective OF solution in trying to trade for Span?

What about the Cardinals? Does their success make them more confident in their team so they are more willing to deal from their pitching prospects?

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    I found myself cheering for Baltimore vs. the Rangers because somewhere inside me I thought it may help the Twins.

Does the Rangers coming up short make them more desperate to overpay for Greinke thus make them decide to not resign Hamilton and then look for a more cost effective OF solution in trying to trade for Span?

What about the Cardinals? Does their success make them more confident in their team so they are more willing to deal from their pitching prospects?
    This is some creative thinking. Please keep us posted as to who we should root for going forward and why.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could also go the way of saying that the fact that the Rays were so close to making the playoffs this year makes them want a bat like Justin Morneau or Span or Willingham even more now and they would be willing to deal from their extremely absurd pitching depth as well.

Texas letting Hamilton go & possibly losing Napoli could easily put them in the market for either Span or Morneau.....but we wouldnt see Profar or Olt. Martin Perez is the best they can hope for pitching wise.....he has been something of a disappointment.
    Best case tho.....ARIZ deals Upton somewhere else & with adding some pieces, MN gets Elvis Andrus

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post

This is some creative thinking. Please keep us posted as to who we should root for going forward and why.
    Thats funny!!! Good one Glunn.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    You could also go the way of saying that the fact that the Rays were so close to making the playoffs this year makes them want a bat like Justin Morneau or Span or Willingham even more now and they would be willing to deal from their extremely absurd pitching depth as well.
    You could even be more optimistic and wish for two pitchers for Parmalee and Revere or Span given the Rays desire for cheap contracts

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Problem with Tampa Bay is that you have to get the correct pitcher. There pitchers do not seem to do as well after being traded. That would be a deal for the Twins if they can find the correct pitcher