Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Josh Johnson

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theleviathan View Post
    jesus lev can get obnoxious.
    ftfy.
    Awww somebody didn't like their absurd suggestions being called out!

We all want better pitchers, let's start with developing them better rather than targeting questionable short-term (much less longterm) options under questionable premises.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    We all want better pitchers, let's start with developing them better
    Well thats great and all for the 2015 and 2016 Twins...but some of us want to talk about how to improve this team for 2013 and 2014.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    the difference between shields and baker is shields has an out pitch , and gives you 200+ innings where scotty , well not lately....did johnson ever recover his velocity he lost mid season? to me its shield ove johnson , id trade our minor leaque pitcher of the year and span for him

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    the difference between shields and baker is shields has an out pitch , and gives you 200+ innings where scotty , well not lately....did johnson ever recover his velocity he lost mid season? to me its shield ove johnson , id trade our minor leaque pitcher of the year and span for him
    Especially considering our minor league pitcher of the year has a ceiling of a #5 starter.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Well thats great and all for the 2015 and 2016 Twins...but some of us want to talk about how to improve this team for 2013 and 2014.
    I don't shell out a ton of money and the prospects it will likely require in the real world (not this fantasy world the thread has devolved into) to get a guy who has a trending velocity chart like this one and a career ERA a run higher away from his pitcher's paradise at home. I'm all for talking about realistic options (Span for Shields is realistic with some tweaking) but the couple of posts these last few pages are just obnoxious.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678