Thread: Article: Ten Questions With... Kyle Gibson

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Ten Questions With... Kyle Gibson

Wonder how his AFL appearances will affect his spring training chances to break spring training with the Twins

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Wonder how his AFL appearances will affect his spring training chances to break spring training with the Twins
    Hopefully it gives him the ability to fine tune his mechanics and ultimately get him to the level where he can contribute for the big league club his year.

Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good article. I wish we knew about the current velocity of his fastball, but I suppose that will be evident once he is throwing in the AFL.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    98 mph

Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Hopefully it gives him the ability to fine tune his mechanics and ultimately get him to the level where he can contribute for the big league club his year.
    Its hard to tell how/if MN/front office will handle Kyle.
    A solid AFL could get him a starting spot (unofficially of course) without needing a spectacular spring training but a bad AFL could mean he has to dominate spring training to leave town with the big club.
    Twins are very conservative by nature.....BUT with Gardy's job (TR's to a lesser degree) on the line (needing to get off to a good start so as not to start the fan revolt)....will they go with Gibby to start the year or keep him in ROC for 6wks, at which time Gardy's job could be on the chopping block.

A couple of years ago at ST, we saw Gibson pitch an inning or two. Although a little raw, he attacked the strike zone in a way that I haven't seen another Twin pitcher do in a long time. I really hope this kid gets a chance to blossom. Large upside.