Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks to those who make this site amazing

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,605 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyriolo View Post
    i would also like to say thank-you to the Twins daily writers & bloggers. Living in southern California , i do not receive a lot of twins info. So when i found this site , it was awesome. Please keep up the good work
    Maybe we should start a Southern California Twins club that goes to a game together when the Twins are in Anaheim? Usually there appear to be at least 1,000 Twins fans at Angels games -- I wonder how many of them have discovered TD. If we could get enough people, maybe we could get a skybox. Or maybe we could sit in regular seats and hand out cards with the url link to TD to other fans we see who are wearing blue and red.

That reminds me -- when will we be able to order TD t-shirts? These would be cool to wear to games, and could have the url on the back.
    I moved out of SoCal four years ago. Nobody is allowed to form a Twins club in LA because if there wasn't one while I lived there, there shouldn't be one now.

TD shirts will probably appear at some point but they're not really on anybody's radar right now. We have so much other stuff to deal with that peripheral stuff like shirts will be a long ways off.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Will you all just knock it off, please? Sheesh!

Sure we all know how great TD is and how we all stop by here multiple times per day. Yes, the guys who run it are doing a great job... but do we REALLY want to tell them that? Once they realize everyone's addicted to the site, that's when they start charging us to come here! Do NONE of you realize that's the oldest "business model" in the book? "Give 'em all a little taste for free and get 'em hooked, then make 'em pay through the nose to get their fixes in the future."

Not that these guys would ever do that, of course
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. Reserve plenty of accolades for yourselves. What makes this a great community is the community.

Senior Member Double-A Lesser Dali's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was an observer of this site awhile before I became a member because it is a very good place to gather breaking Twins news and read some decent articles.

Kudos to the humans that make Twins Daily possible and a good read.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll add my applause to that given above. This site was (and is) a welcome pleasurable distraction in what was otherwise a tough year. Thank you!

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyriolo View Post
    i would also like to say thank-you to the Twins daily writers & bloggers. Living in southern California , i do not receive a lot of twins info. So when i found this site , it was awesome. Please keep up the good work
    Maybe we should start a Southern California Twins club that goes to a game together when the Twins are in Anaheim? Usually there appear to be at least 1,000 Twins fans at Angels games -- I wonder how many of them have discovered TD. If we could get enough people, maybe we could get a skybox. Or maybe we could sit in regular seats and hand out cards with the url link to TD to other fans we see who are wearing blue and red.

That reminds me -- when will we be able to order TD t-shirts? These would be cool to wear to games, and could have the url on the back.
    I moved out of SoCal four years ago. Nobody is allowed to form a Twins club in LA because if there wasn't one while I lived there, there shouldn't be one now.

TD shirts will probably appear at some point but they're not really on anybody's radar right now. We have so much other stuff to deal with that peripheral stuff like shirts will be a long ways off.
    Look at the bright side -- if you ever move back to SoCal, you will have people who love what you have done for us and who will treat you to free tickets.

As for the t-shirts, it might be fun to start a thread to gather ideas. And I suspect that we have some people here who could create some awesome original graphics. Wouldn't it be cool to be watching an away game in Anaheim (or anywhere else) and see your brethren in their TD shirts?

An attaboy for everyone involved on this site. Now if you can just get Trolpo on here for next season, we will be heading in the right direction.
    BYTO R.I.P.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I want to say my thanks as well. I was concerned about the transition from BYTO to Twins Daily as many of the other Twins-centered sites very quickly deteriorated into a STrib message board or Rube Chat. I enjoy the format and thank all those, both those "in authority" and the community, for making this place a good place to discuss the Twins, baseball, and life in general.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,605 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look at the bright side -- if you ever move back to SoCal, you will have people who love what you have done for us and who will treat you to free tickets.

As for the t-shirts, it might be fun to start a thread to gather ideas. And I suspect that we have some people here who could create some awesome original graphics. Wouldn't it be cool to be watching an away game in Anaheim (or anywhere else) and see your brethren in their TD shirts?
    Heh, I think the chance of me moving back to SoCal sits somewhere between 0 and -1%. Well, LA, anyway. I'd be more open to moving back to SD (that's where I went to high school).

As for shirts, I'm a bit of a graphical nazi. If shirts were to be designed, there's about a 99% chance that I'd be the one designing them. Must. Not. Relinquish. Control!

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Thanks to everyone involved. Great site and community.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Must. Not. Relinquish. Control!
    Soooo I'm guessing S&M is out of the conversation?
    *sad face*
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Must. Not. Relinquish. Control!
    Soooo I'm guessing S&M is out of the conversation?
    *sad face*
    It sounds to me like he may be OK being the S but not the M. I wonder how upset he will be when he sees me on TV at an Angels game wearing a home made TD shirt.

I love this place!

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,310 Times in 706 Posts
    Thanks to this site and everyone on it for making even this Twins season bearable.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for all of the time and effort you guys put in. I don't post much but I visit the site at least once a day regardless of my disappointment in what's occuring on the field. I especially love the minor league coverage. Things will be better next year. Hope springs eternal! - Thanks again!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Shucks guys. I can't take all the credit, but I'll take a lot of it I guess. I really haven't done too much for the site, so all this thanks is overwhelming. I didn't really build the internet site like RP, or write articles every night from my grandma's basement, or even contribute anything of substance to the forums. Thanks everybody, I'll continue to do as little as possible to be a big part of Twins Daily.

standing ovation.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm fairly new to this place but I must say, this completely destroys the MLB Twins Message boards. The MLB Twins story boards are still pretty good. We have a good core group there, but this place is fantastic.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    I'm fairly new to this place but I must say, this completely destroys the MLB Twins Message boards. The MLB Twins story boards are still pretty good. We have a good core group there, but this place is fantastic.
    Glad you like the site Puck. A lot of good baseball minds here but it could always use one more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12