Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark DeRosa

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dave, I see no reason not to extend him an invitation if he still wants to play since he would be a better option at 2b than we currently have. I just see this as a Bret Boone scenario where he just can't play anymore. If I was the Twins, I'd be extending invitations like candy after two 90 loss seasons.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Dave, I see no reason not to extend him an invitation if he still wants to play since he would be a better option at 2b than we currently have. I just see this as a Bret Boone scenario where he just can't play anymore. If I was the Twins, I'd be extending invitations like candy after two 90 loss seasons.
    Exactly! Nothing to lose, and he could bring some much needed veteran presence and leadership. Did you hear about what he did for the Nationals before yesterdays game? He kept everyone loose and kept them focused, he ended up reading a speech by Teddy ****in Roosevelt, genius! We need more of that leadership in the clubhouse.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Exactly! Nothing to lose, and he could bring some much needed veteran presence and leadership. Did you hear about what he did for the Nationals before yesterdays game? He kept everyone loose and kept them focused, he ended up reading a speech by Teddy ****in Roosevelt, genius! We need more of that leadership in the clubhouse.
    Give a guy an inch and he takes a mile lol.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12