Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spring Training - Game 5 - vs Tampa Bay Rays - 3/6/2012

Thanks for the coverage! Who was the player of the game, in your opinion?
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Thanks for the updates, Thrylos. Please tell me you're not at work!!

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Thanks for the coverage! Who was the player of the game, in your opinion?
    Glen Perkins by far. He might not have scored any runs by he is close to mid-season form. Nice movement on a 92-94 mph FB, silly nasty slider. He is ready and will have a monster of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_tb View Post
    Thanks for the updates, Thrylos. Please tell me you're not at work!!
    You are welcome guys, no problem
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Would that really be a bad thing if Rochester was no longer our affiliate?
    No, but they will not have a lot of suitors if they come close to 100 losses again, nobody wants to go see a terrible minor league team unless they have future stars. The Twins are lacking in that area.

Thank you for the updates. Mid season is when Perkins fastball starts to straighten out, hopefully he's not there yet.

Blog Entries
    Actually I think that it would be a good thing for the Twins to bring their AAA affiliate at a distance closer to the MLB team. Right now, Rochester is the second furthest AAA affiliate from its MLB parent club in the majors. The furthest is AAA Vegas, which is Toronto's affiliate. Toronto is less than 100 miles from Rochester. Do the math
    Plus there is no much love for the Twins there. The local press, still thinks of Rochester as an Orioles' city and the local management is hosting the Yankees AAA team also (while the Scranton ballpark gets renovated.) Not sure that sits well with the Twins' brass, since their AAA team will have less access of their own park in off-days if the Yankees' AAA has a home game, among the reasons...
    -----

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Given how they constantly complain, I would say no. Everything was ok with them when the teams won(see long time affiliation w/BALT) but once the talent pool dries up,
    Complain
    Complain
    Complain.

They complain when guys on rehab don't play 1 or 2 games at AAA.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Actually I think that it would be a good thing for the Twins to bring their AAA affiliate at a distance closer to the MLB team. Right now, Rochester is the second furthest AAA affiliate from its MLB parent club in the majors. The furthest is AAA Vegas, which is Toronto's affiliate. Toronto is less than 100 miles from Rochester. Do the math
    Plus there is no much love for the Twins there. The local press, still thinks of Rochester as an Orioles' city and the local management is hosting the Yankees AAA team also (while the Scranton ballpark gets renovated.) Not sure that sits well with the Twins' brass, since their AAA team will have less access of their own park in off-days if the Yankees' AAA has a home game, among the reasons...
    All this and more. Stay in the International league, so fans aren't deluded with gaudy stats accumulated in the bandboxes of the PCL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    All this and more. Stay in the International league, so fans aren't deluded with gaudy stats accumulated in the bandboxes of the PCL.
    Indeed, stay in the IL, since I can watch them a couple series a year in my own back yard
    -----

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Indeed, stay in the IL, since I can watch them a couple series a year in my own back yard
    Too bad the Iron Pigs are 'close enough' to the Phils.

What would be the ideal situation? What about stadium improvements, and putting them in St.Paul?

Blog Entries
    If you put them in St Paul, they will take ticket sales from the Twins because of the affordability of prices. I think that Rochester (MN) is as close as you want to have them and not compete for tickets.

There is no competition between the IronPigs and the Phillies. For the ones of us who live up here, it is a major pain to go down to Philly (no public transportation and hellacious traffic.) I bet some folks from Philly come up here to watch the Pigs on off-days because it is easier for them.
    -----

Is Reveres arm really this bad? On his throw to plate on a potential tag up situation ( can't remember the inning) he threw offline and only about 150 feet. Please tell me that the ball slipped out of his hand. I want to like him but if he has a sub-Juan Pierre arm I don't think he can help. Too bad, great defensive ability but no power. With a decent arm he could be a very good center fielder. With an adequate arm he might be an asset in left. Otherwise, a great fielding weak armed Repko.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Revere's biggest weakness is his arm. He has been working hard on improving it, but you can only improve arm strength to a certain point. If he can be accurate that will help the most.

Otherwise good game for the Twins. Pitching looked solid and we took advantage of the Rays errors.
    I bent my wookie...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234