Thread: Article: “J Nix at shortstop:” The End of an Era in New York?

Article: “J Nix at shortstop:” The End of an Era in New York?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if he will make it back. I broke my ankle last September (2011), and I'm just now getting to the point where it's not affecting my movement. I don't know how serious his break is (mine was pretty bad), but ankles are notoriously slow in healing, and he isn't that much younger than I am.

I remember wincing when I saw it happen, and wondering if his career was over.
    Last edited by IdahoPilgrim; 10-16-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 181 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I wonder if he will make it back. I broke my ankle last September (2011), and I'm just now getting to the point where it's not affecting my movement. I don't know how serious his break is (mine was pretty bad), but ankles are notoriously slow in healing, and he isn't that much younger than I am.

I remember wincing when I saw it happen, and wondering if his career was over.
    They said he will be back in 3 months, but he basically has a solid 5-6 months before he needs to even be close to 100% He will be back, and also he is a professional athlete (and a remarkably healthy one at that!) who has top dollar trainers with him at all times, better then any of us can afford/get when we are injured

I agree though, the injury at the time did look a lot worse (I thought ACL or Achillies tear off the bat)
    Last edited by SpiritofVodkaDave; 10-16-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing Jeter will be back next year for a farewell tour/final shot at glory. But that will probably be it for him, Rivera and Petitte, and the Yankees will truly be facing the dawn of a new era.