Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Prospect Arrivals

The Twins will try and pull a Slama and get Guerra thru waivers at the last minute, probably using him as a filler and dopping him if they sign a free agent. Tosoni will pretty much have to stay with the Twins. His chances of a competing minor league contract are slim to none, that is assuming the Twins want him. The Twins won't give up on Benson, but he could be waived off the 40-man (another team would have to keep him on the 40-man). A lot of smoke and mirrors happen in that phase. The Twins will make some outright cuts from the 40-man. Some guys may not be offered arbitration (Butera, Casilla, Swarzak). Any one added to the 40-man can't be cut until the season starts. But anyone currently on the 40-man can be dropped as you go thru free-agent signings and into spring training. I;m waiting to see if the Twins get a bug jump,like they did last year, in siging minor league dree agents. At least they didn't pepper their roster with the Garys, Florimons, Maloneys, Vasquezs like they did last year...adding them to the 40-man efiore seasons end, only to drop them (and add a couple back).
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Surprised no one has mentioned Pedro Hernandez. Isn't he the closest pitching prospect we have to being major league ready other than Gibson? I'm sure there's a good shot we see him next year at some point, unless he pitches terrible at Rochester.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    like he did this year?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    like he did this year?
    He had 1 bad start in Rochester, which was the first start in over 2 weeks due to being traded and his wife giving birth. He was very good in his last 3 starts up until his injury, along with the rest of the year between AA/AAA with the white sox organization so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JP3700 View Post
    like he did this year?
    He had 1 bad start in Rochester, which was the first start in over 2 weeks due to being traded and his wife giving birth. He was very good in his last 3 starts up until his injury, along with the rest of the year between AA/AAA with the white sox organization so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    from the mlb twins site he started 4 games, threw 17 innings had 11 ks 1 bb and era of 5.19 and op avg .342
    he was also 0-2

Senior Member Triple-A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP3700 View Post
    like he did this year?
    from the mlb twins site he started 4 games, threw 17 innings had 11 ks 1 bb and era of 5.19 and op avg .342
    he was also 0-2
    I guess you just decided to respond to my post without reading it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12