Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand: Should Twins be interested in A-Rod?

Liked 1,268 Times in 733 Posts
    Give me strength if this is the kind of cr*p we're going to be speculating about over the next few months.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glanzer View Post
    Considering the numbers A-Rod put up in the park with one of the shortest left field porches in the majors, I can't imagine that would translate well at all to a much more cavernous Target Field. In two years A-Rod is going to have to play first or DH, and there goes one of Mauer's positions. If the Twins were able to pay $1.5M or less, A-Rod could be a great part-time platoon/bench player.

However, I think he'll stay put in NY until the end of his contract. I doubt even the Yankees would pay someone $20M+ a year not to play for them.
    The answer doesn't change for the twins since they are not a good match for ARod but I actually think ARod will have a few decent bounceback seasons. Yankee Stadium has a short RIGHT field porch and left field is actually fairly large. ARod has also suffered several injuries in the last couple of seasons. It's not unusual for players to struggle when injured and then bounce back. Regardless this is an awful match for the Twins even if they ONLY have to pay 5/50 and not give up any prospects.

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No. No matter the deal.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This was discussed in the :00 Pm hour on ESPN and the ex general Manager of a couple of clubs thought he could be done(my feelings also) and the Yankees would try and trade him in the offseason or just release him before spring training.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 808 Times in 509 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unless Arod or Plouffe is going back to the middle infield, I don't see how this conversation could even be had, and then there's that pesky problem that the Yankees will want a good prospect or two for it... The Twins badly need pitching and are rebuilding, so picking up a 5/50 contract in exchange for prospects seems like an odd way to do this.

ARod is a win now move. If the Twins were set in their rotation and just needed help up the middle, it might make sense, but given their needs, this really is foolish.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Only if he comes with plenty of sloppy seconds.
    Or thirds.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't see this working. I doubt the Twins would even consider it.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    LOL!!!!! if the Yanks paid ALL of his salary and our worst prospect in return I'd take him...

A-Rod is an aging, overpaid, injury prone has been. With those characteristics alone he is worthy of consideration by the Twins' front office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12